Best way to store/access already encrypted data on server. What is smartest way to do it?

• Hi All,

First time Linux and NAS. Please be kind. I installed OMV and did some basic configuration. What I prefer now(because I am not computer/networking expert) is to store encrypted data on server(meaning that I don't have know-how how to secure server properly to avoid possible data breach etc.)

I will use server/OMV mainly for personal use, but I want to store there also some shared folders across family, colleagues etc. Not all the data need to be encrypted, only some sensitive folders. For example it is not necessary to encrypt( most <3 ) pictures, videos etc but personal documents,information I would only like to store on server encrypted(if anyone hack my server and gain access to it).

Now I use Dropbox+ Boxcryptor. What is easiest way to transfer only encrypted files into OMV and manage permissions locally on computers accessing it, likely I do it now in Boxcryptor?

I don't think I need to encrypt whole drive as physically stoling server is almost impossible(server is in very secure location with different security systems and also 24/7 guard service)

However, sensitive content will be stored on server encrypted anyway if I transfer to server it already encrypted and decryption will be on computers having access right to it and key only. I will be very grateful for step-by-step beginners guide and suggestions, as woman, installing and configuring OMV was challenge for me anyway :)

Cheers ! 8o

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!