Rsnapshot Plugin

• Hi all,

Does anybody know if there is a way to increase the verbosity levels of the rsnapshot plugin in OMV6? I would like to be able to see what files were backed up or sync. OMV generates its own configuration file with a verbosity level of 3 and a log output of 2, which I find not to be verbose enough. I cannot seem to see an option on the rsnapshot plugin in the OMV interface for verbosity levels.

Thank you in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

which I find not to be verbose enough

Which is the opposite of what most users are asking for. The levels are hard-coded. I could look at possibly making this an environment variable but then it would apply to all rsnapshot jobs.

omv 7.4.6-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.3 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• And if you add that option, you will have to create the log file outside the os disk or you will fill it up.

(At least ths will happen if you use rsync as i do)

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And if you add that option, you will have to create the log file outside the os disk or you will fill it up.

That is why it would be an environment variable not an option on the web interface. If someone changes the verbosity, it is their job to make sure the disk has enough room.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.3 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

OMV generates its own configuration file with a verbosity level of 3 and a log output of 2, which I find not to be verbose enough

If you only need it for testing purposes, you can probably change it there.

• Thank you all for the replies. ryecoaaron If you could possibly look at making this an environment variable, I would truly appreciate this. Thank you for all the work you put into openmediavault!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you could possibly look at making this an environment variable, I would truly appreciate this.

6.0.2 has the environment variables now.

sudo omv-env set OMV_RSNAPSHOT_VERBOSE_LO 5

sudo omv-env set OMV_RSNAPSHOT_VERBOSE_HI 5

sudo omv-env set OMV_RSNAPSHOT_LOG_LEVEL 4

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…in/omv-rsnapshot-conf#L36

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…n/omv-rsnapshot-conf#L131

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!