Rysnc Job Will Not Run Automatically

• After last night's cron jobs:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root users 0 Jun 23 22:01 simple-test.txt

So the /usr/bin/touch command on line 7, that I put in /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsync ran, but the cron job on line 6 still did not. Nothing other than the simple-test.txt file seems to have been touched. And I still did not receive any email notification for that job.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• macom I did a clean omv6 install of the backup server a couple of months ago and set up the rsync job in the gui from notes I jotted down from omv5. I used the exact same pattern for three other shares and they have worked flawlessly from the start. All four of them worked perfectly in omv5. It's just a simple remote/pull job from appdata on the main server to appdata on the backup server. The check boxes are the same on all four jobs. You can see the screenshots in my first post. I can't see what makes three jobs work and the fourth not work. What is even more puzzling is it will work if I run it manually.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• I am dumb, I told you the cron.d file was ok, but we have the same file to be touched:

Code
    0 22 * * * root /usr/bin/touch /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-37dd804f-7c6e-4cf7-9588-3e098589a01a/appdata/simple-test.txt && /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsync-e1016dfb-369c-491d-8ab5-10e11977b9e6 2>&1 | grep -v '/$' | mail -E -s "Cron" -a "From: Cron Daemon <root>" root >/dev/null 2>&1
    1 22 * * * root /usr/bin/touch /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-37dd804f-7c6e-4cf7-9588-3e098589a01a/appdata/simple-test.txt

So simple-test.txt has been touched at 22:00 and 22:01. but we see only the last touch

Can you change the file name in line 6 to the one it was before?

I still bet it is running.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Well I will be setting this issue aside for a week or so. The power supply on my main server went belly up, so there are no remote shares to pull to my backup. I’ve turned all of my Rsync jobs off for now. A replacement will take about a week to arrive.

• Well it is now!

But no, it’s not. :)

• My original problem was about one scheduled remote/pull job not working on my backup server, even though it would work manually. Three other jobs worked perfectly. A few days ago I had decided to try combining all four jobs into one by creating a share on each machine that encompassed the entire disks. That is how it is laid out in the How-To: Rsync two OMV machines. I got it all set up but never got to see the results because the main machine just laid down and died. Replacement power supply will not arrive for a week or so.

• A few days ago I had decided to try combining all four jobs into one by creating a share on each machine that encompassed the entire disks. That is how it is laid out in the How-To: Rsync two OMV machines. I got it all set up but never got to see the results because the main machine just laid down and died. Replacement power supply will not arrive for a week or so.

The larger the shared fodler you rsync, the more memory the process takes and the longer you wait for it to start to do something and the larger the log gets. I had to split up into smaller units,

Very unfortunate, a power supply takes so long to deliver. Is it handcrafted for you?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Very unfortunate, a power supply takes so long to deliver. Is it handcrafted for you?

That hurts. That really hurts. ;(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!