Can't access OMV GUI

• Well, I finally resorted to this.

I have little to no idea about linux and thought I could set up a small plex server simply by following instructions. I installed OMV6 on an old laptop, OS on a 32GB SD card, docker on a 120GB SSD inside the laptop and the media files on a 1TB HDD via USB.

Everything was installed and working properly (sonarr, radarr, bazarr, torrent client and plex), I disable the handle lid switch so the laptop doesn't turn off when I close the lid aaaaaaaaand now I can't access the web GUI.

Everything else however, works perfectly. I can access all the docker containers and they're working fine, I can ping the machine and access via Windows network folders.

I've looked over the internet and none of the solutions suggested help me. I'm not sure neither how to check logs of what happens when trying to access the web GUI.

My apologies beforehand for my utter ignorance here, any advice is greatly appreciated.

• I can't access the web GUI.

-------------

when trying to access the web GUI.

What happens? You see the login page?
    You enter User admin:password and goes back to the login page?

More info helps

• Try to log in via ssh and run omv-firstaid to configure the web control panel. Post any error you get here.

Done. When I select it I get a prompt to select a port (80 is there by default), I accept and then I get:

Code
    ERROR: Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

The OS is installed on a microSD card.

What happens? You see the login page?
    You enter User admin:password and goes back to the login page?

More info helps

Nope, nothing loads at all, just error to connect. I can access through WeTTY and also have access to Portainer.

• The OS is installed on a microSD card.

Run via SSH and post the output:

df -h

sudo systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service

• Run via SSH and post the output:

df -h

sudo systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service

here it is, thanks a lot for your help:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# sudo systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service
    ● openmediavault-engined.service - The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request
         Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openmediavault-engined.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
         Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2022-12-25 12:02:06 EST; 2 days ago
        Process: 1087 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/omv-engined (code=exited, status=127)
            CPU: 5ms
    root@openmediavault:~# 
  • You didn't post the first command:

df -h

But the other shows what's wrong.

sudo systemctl start openmediavault-engined.service

• oh, sorry, here's the whole thing:

and sorry for the ignorance, as i mentioned on the post, i really don't know anything about this beyond following guides. if the issue is on the omv-engined.service, how do i fix it?

• oh i'm actually stupid, i misread that as the same status command, sorry.

i tried that and got:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# sudo systemctl start openmediavault-engined.service
    Job for openmediavault-engined.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See "systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

and if i go to the journal i get:

• Try restart instead:

sudo systemctl restart openmediavault-engined.service

If it errors, you should reboot and then, check the status again.

• thanks again.

tried restart, nothing, then i rebooted the computer, status remains the same and restart doesn't work either.

could it be the sd card being faulty? i did have the plugin to prevent that.

• adding these other inputs i tried:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# omv-engined -d -f
    /usr/bin/php7.4: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.1: invalid ELF header

• What platform are you using. Is AMD64 correct? According to

Code
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.1: invalid ELF header

the problem seems to be a corrupted libssl library.

Try running apt-get install --reinstall libssl1.1

Thank you so, so much! It's working now. Appreciate it a ton!

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!