Error message when trying to install plex on omv6 using docker

• Hi,

I am very new to omv and bash/linux programming and everything.

I have a Odroid HC2 that I want to use as a NAS. I have been following this guide for installing plex: How to install Plex on OMV6 with docker image linuxserver/plex + On the fly transcoding files only in tmpfs (living on RAM not HDD). However, when I get to step nr 5, and specifically the step With "plex" selected you now click "up" (as in "start the container") I just get an error message saying:

Zitat

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; docker-compose --file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e759523b-25e8-4862-afcb-b21ec90757e5/docker-compose//plex/plex.yml' --env-file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e759523b-25e8-4862-afcb-b21ec90757e5/docker-compose//plex/plex.env' up -d 2>&1': Container plex Recreate Container plex Recreated Container plex Starting Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: unable to apply apparmor profile: apparmor failed to apply profile: write /proc/self/attr/exec: no such file or directory: unknown

How do I go about fixing this?

Of note, when originally installing omv, I first used the latest armbian bullseye install, and then used the OMV install script. However, I encountered the problem mentioned here (i.e., install failed with message IP address may change and you could lose connection if running this script via ssh.). So I followed the recommendation on page 2 in that thread and installed it by skipping network setup (see here).

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Try if this fixes is:

add

extraargs=apparmor=0

in the file

/boot/armbianEnv.txt

EDIT: after that you have to reboot, so that the change becomes effective

• Seems to have worked! I should note (for other novice users like me) I had to reboot the system before it worked (i.e., after following what macom wrote, I used putty to SSH into my odroid and then used the 'reboot' command).

I'll be back if I encounter any other problems! Thanks a lot so far!

• Okey so new problem! The next step in the installation instructions How to install Plex on OMV6 with docker image linuxserver/plex + On the fly transcoding files only in tmpfs (living on RAM not HDD) says to Access Plex at http://omv.local:32400/web/ . However, when I use that URL nothing happens. I just get a generic "this site can't be reached" message. I can confirm that the docker container runs, because it says "status, up 12 minutes" when I click the ps button.

In case something might be wrong with my docker file creation, here is exactly what I put in the file:

• When I click the 'check' button, I get the following output:

Zitat

name: plex
    services: plex: container_name: plex environment: PGID: "100" PUID: "1000" VERSION: docker image: lscr.io/linuxserver/plex network_mode: host restart: unless-stopped volumes: - type: bind source: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e759523b-25e8-4862-afcb-b21ec90757e5/plex target: /config bind: create_host_path: true - type: bind source: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e759523b-25e8-4862-afcb-b21ec90757e5/NAS_ODROIDHC2/Media/Movies target: /movies bind: create_host_path: true - type: bind source: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e759523b-25e8-4862-afcb-b21ec90757e5/NAS_ODROIDHC2/Media/TV target: /tv bind: create_host_path: true - type: bind source: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e759523b-25e8-4862-afcb-b21ec90757e5/NAS_ODROIDHC2/Media/Documentaries target: /documentaries bind: create_host_path: true - type: bind source: /tmp target: /tmpfs-host bind: create_host_path: true

END OF LINE

Or do you mean another way to check the logs? If so, how do I do that?

• Instead of using omv.local in the url try using the IP address of the OMV machine.

To view the container log, run this command in the shell:

docker logs plex

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• woo using my IP address allows me to access it! Could you please explain why omv.local doesn't work but my IP address does? Sorry, again, I'm new to this but very eager to learn.

I decided to run docker logs plex anyway, below is the output:

Again, I'll be back if anything else doesn't work... Thanks a lot!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!