Backup - only Settings?

• Dear OMV-Forum,

After years of just "updating and upgrading" my system crashed yesterday after a power blackout and was not starting anymore. After some unsuccessful attempts I decided to start from scratch rather than fixing an old lady.

Anyway the install was made fast, but I struggled on some pitfalls like user permissions for KVM or installing OMV-extras and overall setting up everything like it was (Docker, Users, shared folders etc etc).

I found the backup function, but this is an overkill of functions I do not need. It made a backup to a SSD hosted on the Router, but it created a whole archive of my Systemdisk. The How-to, how to get the backup back to live, was also not as easy as I thought.

I would like a backup function for the settings only, which could be automatically entered in a fresh OMV.

Does this exist?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately, that is not possible at this time (It's was tried in the distant past and just didn't work well so it was removed)

General recommendation is to take a disk image of a working system of the OS drive, and to update it occasionally (another good reason to have a smallish OS drive, as a properly configured system really only needs a 16gig OS drive)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would like a backup function for the settings only, which could be automatically entered in a fresh OMV.

Does this exist?

Here you have the solution

• Thanks for the answers. Maybe I try both ways, but as KM0201 already states a smallish System Disk would be a benefit, I have to live with my 128GB SSD. But the image itself is only 3,5GB, though.

@chemte: This looks like what I want! I will work trough it and save the mentioned files. Should be the faster way, than setting up everything from scratch.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!