[solved] All file systems get 'disconnected' from time to time

• Hi all,

I'm new here on the forum, even if I'm a OMV user since version 4.
    I use OMV on a RasPi4 for serving media in my home lan and a few more things.

The issue with file systems started a few months ago: from time to time I find the file systems (all of them) equally unmounted and not accessible anymore.

The list in the dashboard becomes empty (disks list is not empty), and I need to restart to fix it; sometimes I need to unplug from the power, then restart.

At first I thought about an abnormal current absorbtion, but I had no luck neither upgrading the RasPi power supply, nor adding a self powered (35W) USB hub.

Before disappering, a impressive amount of IO Wait cpu time appears in the graphs (see attached picture)

The file systems usually disapper when intensive I/O are performed, eg. torrent download

Installed disks:

1 SD card for the OS

2 HHD 8TB, USB3, self powered

1 HHD 2TB, USB2, self powered

1 Micro SD (for backup purpose) in USB adapter

A few more configuration details:

Processor BCM2835

Kernel Linux 6.1.21-v8+

What do I need to check to investigate this issue?
    Is it a disk malfunction? shall I buy a new one before the epic failure?

Looking forward to your kind help

my regards

Angelo

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before disappering, a impressive amount of IO Wait cpu time appears in the graphs (see attached picture)

The file systems usually disapper when intensive I/O are performed, eg. torrent download

If you've already ruled out power issues my next step would be to investigate the processes running when that happens. Maybe that will give you a clue as to what may be happening.

Just an idea, any other help welcome.

• Thank you both, chente and macom, for your suggestions. Would I find clues of temp and process issues in the syslog?
    I've never seen temperature going higher that 55-60°C anyway... on the CPU

is that critical?

I have an aluminium case (the one in use) and another plastic case with fan, maybe I should try to switch them in order to address potential temp issues.

And in any case, what is the IO system waiting for (See graph attached to the first post)

A

• aakkaaii

Hat den Titel des Themas von „All file systems get 'disconnected' from time to time“ zu „[solved] All file systems get 'disconnected' from time to time“ geändert.
  • KM0201

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • KM0201

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!