omv-extras 6.3 / openmediavault-compose 6.7

• Offizieller Beitrag

The question is: is it possible to return to showing the status of containers in the WebUI without doing this migration? After the omv-extras update, this option disappeared from dashboard.

The container widget moved to the compose plugin. So, the only way to get it is stay with the older version of omv-extras (6.1.1).

• I am running openmediavault-compose 6.7.6

I have re-deployed all my containers in the compose plugin using the Compose -> Files -> Create option supplying yaml info.

All containers are running and are seen as limited from the Portainer -> Stacks menu.

docker ps shows all containers running.

Compose -> Containers is blank and shows nothing about the running containers.

How do I get the running container info to display in the Compose -> Containers tab?

Thanks.

• But some people only see what's in front of the eyes.

And just because there's no "open portainer page" button, already assume that it's gone FUBAR.

If there was a "heads up" info about it, how it works and why, people like me would not think that their database data created in MariaDB through Portainer might be gone. Lost of that Database for me would present 2+ days of work so, obviously, I was concern. Once the explanation was presented and I went through the process it became clear to me that this, new, way of dealing with Docker Containers is much simpler/better.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have re-deployed all my containers in the compose plugin using the Compose -> Files -> Create option supplying yaml info.

All containers are running and are seen as limited from the Portainer -> Stacks menu.

docker ps shows all containers running.

Compose -> Containers is blank and shows nothing about the running containers.

This is not possible, if the containers have been created with the plugin and are running they should be displayed in the containers tab.

Press Ctrl+Shift+R

• The container widget moved to the compose plugin. So, the only way to get it is stay with the older version of omv-extras (6.1.1).

Anyway to install/downgrade the older version 6.1.1? I'd much prefer to keep things the way they were.

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Offizieller Beitrag

Anyway to install/downgrade the older version 6.1.1?

That's not possible unless you have a backup to go back to and don't update the system again. I do not recommend it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

ow do I get the running container info to display in the Compose -> Containers tab?

Can you post the output of (likely need to attach a text file)

sudo omv-aptclean repos

sudo omv-salt deploy run compose

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This is not possible, if the containers have been created with the plugin and are running they should be displayed in the containers tab.

Press Ctrl+Shift+R

I've tried clearing the cache and history (I run Safari) and still the containers are not listed in the plugin.

What do you mean not possible?

What is the containers tab doing to determine what is displayed or not?

Whether containers are configured via the plugin or portainer, they're still running containers as far as docker is concerned (docker ps), so how does the plugin differentiate between those created via the plugin and those that weren't.

Could something within my yaml config be causing them to be excluded?

yaml scripts were created from the autocompose section of the plugin for existing running containers, the containers were then stopped and removed from Portainer. I then re-created the containers using the yaml script from within the compose plugin files tab. containers are running fine, I just don't see any information displayed about them under the containers tab.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If there was a "heads up" info about it, how it works and why,

No amount of time for a heads up would’ve been enough and I would’ve had to give a dissertation on how docker works to convince people there was no chance they would lose their data (unless they did something outside our instructions).

• Initially this happened to me too, but another update that aaron released fixed it and the containers now show again. I am still running portainer for my container management. The plugin works great, but I too prefer portainer for the more advanced functions like being able to modify docker network attachments on a running container for when I am "playing" with things.

• Inicialmente, isso também aconteceu comigo, mas uma outra atualização que Aaron lançou corrigiu e os contêineres agora aparecem novamente. Ainda estou executando o portainer para meu gerenciamento de contêiner. O plug-in funciona muito bem, mas também prefiro o portainer para funções mais avançadas, como modificar anexos de rede docker em um contêiner em execução para quando estou "brincando" com as coisas.

Since I haven't installed the plugin yet and haven't done the migration, the container widget has stopped working for me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

find text file attached.

Any updates available? everything I see looka good.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi team, I update my OMV and started from scratch. Now there is no longer in OMV extras, portainer and docker. What would be the procedure to install Syncthing and Plex?

Code
  • HI ryecoaaron and team. Thanks once again for your brilliant work on OMV. I like the idea of this native docker integration. Does this mean that the ability to include self-hosted templates will be a part of the feature in the future - in the way that some other NAS distros have this integrated? If so, two thumbs up from me.

• Nope, still shows nothing

I'm having the same issue. I have refreshed and cleared cookies. This is on a fresh install.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sweetmeats () aus folgendem Grund: I was able to get containers to show on the tab by reinstalling docker through the settings tab.

• Nope, still shows nothing

Can you please, post the screenshot of the services -> compose -> files:

Now there is no longer in OMV extras, portainer and docker. What would be the procedure to install Syncthing and Plex?

omv-extras now, only shows this:

Did you read what it says?

Please install the openmediavault-compose to provide docker functionality within the OMV web interface.

the container widget has stopped working for me.

OMV doesn't run docker. This move has happened and will continue on for the next versions.

The container widget will work if the containers are created and launch via the plugin.

If they are still beeing controlled from portainer, they won't be seen anymore:

• people like me would not think that their database data created in MariaDB through Portainer might be gone.

But you do know that, even if you kill your portainer container, your mDB container will still be running, correct?

Portainer is a wrapper for the containers, it doesn't own or hold any files from them.

If you nuke the docker installation, then you should be worried.

And that's one of the major concerns (that I've seen) of the devs: when a change is done, never to give a change of damaging the prior installation, ;)

Once the explanation was presented and I went through the process it became clear to me that this, new, way of dealing with Docker Containers is much simpler/better.

Well, the main issue here is that there are not enough collaborators or devs (and you know that) and no one willing to take that responsibility other than some afficionados on their free time.
    And the compose plugin has been around for so long and discussed that this transition was (should be) a breeze.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!