Lost RAID

• Just installed OMV and started copying files to the RAID array. Yesterday OMV was shut down normally, but when I started it this morning, the device-names had changed and the RAID was missing. The boot-drive (a SSD) was no longer sda but instead sdc, and the HDDs in the RAID was no longer sdb, sdc and sdd but instead sda, sdb and sdd. I assume that is why the RAID is no longer active? What to do?
    Best regards,

Morten

1x120GB Kingston SUV400S37120G (boot)

3x6TB Toshiba P300 HDWD260

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10] 
    md0 : inactive sdb[1](S) sdd[0](S) sda[2](S)
          17581171464 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>
    Code
    root@openmediavault:~# mdadm --detail --scan --verbose
    INACTIVE-ARRAY /dev/md0 num-devices=3 metadata=1.2 name=openmediavault:0 UUID=d7a7ac09:e5066c4a:23d7946a:ecca4121
       devices=/dev/sda,/dev/sdb,/dev/sdd
  • KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The boot-drive (a SSD) was no longer sda but instead sdc, and the HDDs in the RAID was no longer sdb, sdc and sdd but instead sda, sdb and sdd

That doesn't matter it's the order in which the o/s detects each device.

Why shutdown, the purpose of a server is that it's left running.

That array is inactive so ssh into omv and run:

mdadm --stop /dev/md0

mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md0 /dev/sd[abd]

the array should rebuild

• Why shutdown, the purpose of a server is that it's left running.

Thank you for your prompt response!

I never intended for the server to run 24/7 for various reasons. Would this pose any issues for OMV?

Thanks to your workaround, the array has been successfully rebuilt. I encountered some difficulties while trying to mount it within OMV, but the command

mount -t ext4 /dev/md0 /mnt/md0

resolved the issue.

Best regards,

Morten

• chente

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • good luck with that, OMV does not mount it's filesystems under /mnt

Hmm, my bad. Still learning. Currently OMV works fine, but with this mistake I guess I might need to start all over again. With OMV or maybe a more noob-suited pre-built NAS :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!