USB backup unmount external drive.

• but you still have to mount it to be able to setup the USB Plugin jobs.

That´s not mandatory. The drives (USB or eSATA) can be selected in the USB backup plugin selection field even when they are not mounted. But they must be formatted with a valid file system (EXT4 is perfect :) ) and physically plugged-in.

And in order to start a USBbackup job they may not be mounted manually before. After creating a backup job the job should start the next time the device is connected.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• That´s not mandatory. The drives (USB or eSATA) can be selected in the USB backup plugin selection field even when they are not mounted. But they must be formatted with a valid file system (EXT4 is perfect :) ) and physically plugged-in.
    And in order to start a USBbackup job they may not be mounted manually before. After creating a backup job the job should start the next time the device is connected.

Yes, thank you. Left the drive unmounted, ran the job and it's working.

• if I connect my external USB SATA Drive, the backup is starting automaticly

How do I know, if the backup is finished ?

Of cource I can watch the process monitor in the diagnostic systeminformation tab from the OMV Gui,
    see the running rsync jobs

• How I know, when the backup is finished ?

A beep is generated when the backup is finished. If your board has no speaker or if there are issues with the beeper you can configure to send an email after finishing the backup.

You can look into the file systems page too. If the backup has finished the drive is unmounted and therefore not longer present in the drive list.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!