OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

• Hi

After rebooting as per pos #38 I got libsnmp-base error

• Hi

After rebooting as per pos #38 I got libsnmp-base error

It seems you are still using Debian 9 package repositories in Debian 10. Fix that and the error should be gone.

• My sources.list:

• Code
    I have upgraded to OMV 5 of the posted instructions. There were several errors and now I can no longer access the web interface.
    Is there still a solution for me? Maybe someone has a tip on what else I can do?
    Thanks a lot
  • I believe I have some hicup in my network configuration after my upgrade from 4 to 5:

If I change the configuration of a network interface, e.g. by simply adding an IP adress for the default gateway, and then apply the configuration, I get the following error:

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

• I believe I have some hicup in my network configuration after my upgrade from 4 to 5:

If I change the configuration of a network interface, e.g. by simply adding an IP adress for the default gateway, and then apply the configuration, I get the following error:

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

It seems you have a duplicate configuration entry for eno1. Use omv-firstaid to reset the network configuration.

• I tried post #38, but now on commands like apt update I get:

E: The package openmediavault-omvextrasorg needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.

If I try to re-install the package (downloading & dpgk -i), I get:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-shellinabox.postrm: 24: .: Can't open /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions

dpkg: error processing archive openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb (--install):

subprocess installed post-removal script (for disappearance) script returned error exit status 2

Seems like openmediavault itself is uninstalled, but running apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault, gives me back the first error:

E: The package openmediavault-omvextrasorg needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.

• Unfortunately I already did some reboot losing the output.

But I kinda fixed it by doing for every package:

Code
    sudo rm -i /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-conflictingpackage.*
    sudo dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq openmediavault-conflictingpackage

I then reverted the apt source lists back to stretch / arrakis and reinstalled openmediavault

From there I followed again the steps of #38

Now I'm on debian 10 and OMV runs, but now I get an 'Internal server error' on a lot of pages saying there's no storage backend for ZFS.

When I try to install the ZFS plugin again, I also get internal server errors. It does claim to be installed, but doesn't appear anywwhere.

Via the shell apt tells me:

Code
    May 29 00:45:21 jef.lan systemd[1]: Starting Mount ZFS filesystems...
    May 29 00:45:21 jef.lan zfs[17204]: cannot mount '/pool': directory is not empty
    May 29 00:45:21 jef.lan systemd[1]: zfs-mount.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    May 29 00:45:21 jef.lan systemd[1]: zfs-mount.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    May 29 00:45:21 jef.lan systemd[1]: Failed to start Mount ZFS filesystems.
    dpkg: error processing package zfsutils-linux (--configure):
    installed zfsutils-linux package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-zfs:
    openmediavault-zfs depends on zfsutils-linux; however:
    Package zfsutils-linux is not configured yet.

Turns out there was some docker mapped directories in the pool directory. So I moved those and now ZFS seems to work.

Then none of my SMB shares appeared. But after making a dummy change to re-apply the SMB configuration, this now seems to work fine.

I'll probably discover a couple more surprises, but main functionality now works.

• After the first step

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/upgrade4to5 | sudo bash

I get:

• Thanks, I managed to do the upgrade in the meantime. I have OMV 5 up and running although not in a useable state up to here.

I have issues with DNS and pihole.

I have no DNS resolution. My pihole tells me:

Code
    WARNING Misconfigured DNS in /etc/resolv.conf: Two DNS servers are recommended, 127.0.0.1 and any backup server
    WARNING Misconfigured DNS in /etc/resolv.conf: Primary DNS should be 127.0.0.1 (found 127.0.0.11)

Changing resolv.conf to

Code
    nameserver 8.8.8.8

gives me internet but only until reboot.

I read that i might need to update my pihole to accept the NET_ADMIN flag but my dockers have no network connection. Probably related to this above described issue.

So I am kind of stuck...

Edited once, last by monsen: Here are some (probably) related posts: https://github.com/pi-hole/docker-pi-hole/issues/497 ().

• Checking /etc/dhcpcd.conf i found:

Code
    interface eth0
    static ip_address=192.168.1.35/24
    static routers=192.168.1.1
    static domain_name_servers=127.0.0.1
    interface eth0
    static ip_address=192.168.1.222/24
    static domain_name_servers=127.0.0.1

changing this to:

Code
    interface eth0
    static ip_address=192.168.1.35/24
    static domain_name_servers=192.168.1.1
    #interface eth0
    # static ip_address=192.168.1.222/24
    # static routers=192.168.1.1
    # static domain_name_servers=192.168.1.1

Brought back DNS resultion and the pihole GUI is accessible through 192.168.1.222 again.

Not sure if this is the intended way, but for now it seems to work

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!