Nextcloud is frustrating me

• Offizieller Beitrag

@macom

I had Nextcloud running just fine on OMV4 w/ duckdns.

Moved to OMV5, purchased a cheap domain name from Namecheap, and I've just had no luck with this. My docker-compose is below. First, after this failed for a few days, I basically commented out the letsencrypt part, and setup Nextcloud locally and made sure it was working. Once that was all working, setup, etc. I uncommented letsencrypt and commented out my Nextcloud ports, and ran docker-compose again, which again seemed to work just fine. Only major difference I'm using port 461 instead of 444 (mainly becuase it was already setup in my router from OMV4).

Docker compose runs without issue, then I check the letsencrypt log and the fun begins (error below).... clearly there is a DNS issue and Namecheap, but I'm just dumb on this one. So, given the error... I've created an A record on my Namecheap panel Host: www IP: my.public.ip. In my router, 461 is forwarded to my NAS (as it has been for a couple years)... so I don't think it's an issue with my router settings. So the only logical thing is I'm missing something in my DNS records, or my maybe my config.php

config.php below

• Your router needs to forward port 443 to port 461 of your machine. And also you have to expose port 80 (e.g. to port 8080) of letsencrypt container and route the external port 80 to it. The letsencrypt docker needs to be reachable on both these ports for the http validation.

Edit: Also I just noticed that you have two trusted domains sections in your config.php

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you sure your domain is pointing to your IP address? You did not write anything about DynDNS - I think

Sorry got called away earlier and now I'm at work. According to the panel on namecheap, yes it is

I'll go over all this again either tomorrow or Saturday when I have time.

The trusted domains thing... I think because in the namecheap panel, if has a cname for my domain pointing at www (if I understand correctly)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!