Easy Nextcloud Installation discussion

• After some testing it seems that rights are not inherited to other groups in nextcloudpi docker. So I cannot access a directory that has group "users" even if www-data is member of this group.

As soon as i change the group to "www-data" it is accessible.

That is not really nice as i cannot just change the permissions because of the effect on other applications.

• Is there a possibility that I can install nextcloud withoud duckdns and letsencrypt. I have my own wildcard certificate and I want to use that.

Were should I place that certificate?

And I'm a very very beginner..:):)

• TechnoDadLife sorry to quote you directly.... I got a real problem. So I hope you can help.

I successfully ran your guided nextcloudpi installation.

I pushed ALL my files from Dropbox and googledrive to nextcloud pi.

Then, I deleted ALL my Dropbox files. I deleted ALL my googledrive files.

I enjoyed using nextcloud for 7 weeks.

My server needed to be restarted, so I did.

I wondered why my nextcloud didn't came back.

I sudoed: "docker ps" - nothing was running.

I typed:

Code
    docker run --restart unless-stopped ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-x86

And now I'm WASTED!

It did following:

Code
    Setting up a clean Nextcloud instance... wait until message 'NC init done'
    Setting up database...
    Setting up Nextcloud...
    Nextcloud was successfully installed

for real???

How am I supposed to know this? why is it doing this??? Are all my files gone??! Please please help me...

Update

I must admit, I wrote this post in a moment of panic.

I let 2 hours pass by to think.

Then I checked my docker container:

Code
    sudo docker container ls -aq

c10910fff461
    cddcd2a1d07f

Whoah, there they are.

:rolleyes: SO SORRY FOR BEING DUMB! :rolleyes:

I did:

Code
    sudo docker container restart cddcd2a1d07f

And my nextcloud was online again.

What did I learn?

Self-Solving the problem give you the best lessons.

and

problem exists between chair and computer.

pebcac

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von schluden () aus folgendem Grund: Problem self-solved

• Hi

I'm new and still working myself into the Linux and OMV.

I installed OMV5 and it works so far stable. I build a Raid1 on BTRFS (sdc) and an additional storage on BTRFS (sdd) for non important data. So far so good.

I followed the following instruction which worked for me in the past and worked in all aspects to me:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Due some internal maintenance I set up OMV5 (change of sdd to a bigger volume) completely new (don't ask why I did so...) Anyway when it comes to include my smb folders into Nextcloupi (V. 20.0.2) It is not accepted, means I can't mount it.

Do you have any solution for me?

• hi,

There is an app into nexcloud to connect a samba/cifs sharing.

Did you install on RPI?

First of all thanks to you quick reply.

And it seems to me that I'm an idiot or getting old or both...

I checked again every step of how to mount the smb shares. And it turned out that I always referenced to the absolute path instead of the shared folder. Anyway it is working now. Sorry if I bothered you all.

• Hello.

I am a beginner at omv. I had an old pc and decided to use it as a nas and start learning.

I tried to install nextcloud. I followed the steps from TechnoDad's video "Easy Nextcloud Install in 6 Minutes with Stacks!"

I used ports 82:80, 450:443

When i enter the link it shows me my router page, an when i enter the ip it shows the "welcome to our server" page.

Any suggestion of how i could enter nextcloud page?

• If I may politely suggest considering the following option: setting up a KVM-machine and install subsequently an Ubuntu server, and after that following this instructions:

https://www.linuxbabe.com/ubun…tu-20-04-nginx-lemp-stack

Carsten Rieger even provided an installation script, besides his detailed descriptions (which I did not test, I was successful with the explanation of linuxbabe):

https://www.c-rieger.de/nextcl…ion-mit-nur-einem-skript/

https://www.c-rieger.de/nextcloud-installationsanleitung/

It worked for me pretty smooth, keeps me independent of maintainers of containers and snaps, performs quite good, and is easy to backup, and I reduce the risk of messing up my base system which is OMV, hosting all the things I virtualized.

• Zitat

It worked for me pretty smooth, keeps me independent of maintainers of containers and snaps, performs quite good, and is easy to backup, and I reduce the risk of messing up my base system which is OMV, hosting all the things I virtualized.

Good arguments.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!