OMV 5 install on Raspberry Pi failing

• Been using OMV 4 on my NAS for couple years on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. Very happy with it except that I have not gotten RSYNC to run. Been using USB Backup to backup my fileserver storage drive.

Decided to try OMV 5 on another same model Pi to test it/see how it works. Installed it first time and everything went fine, except I messed it up when assigning it a static IP address. So I wiped the microSD card and started over.

Install appeared to be good, but the Pi's DHCP IP address was undetectable. Putty could not see it anymore.

I've done it twice MORE, and found that everything is good thru installing Raspbian. Has a DHCP address, Putty sees it, etc. I can ping the Pi fine from Windows. But after installing OMV (with the script in the OMV directions), the Pi no longer has an IP address. I can see it when looking at the Pi directly with a monitor, keyboard. the "ifconfig" command does not show the eth0 interface. All it shows is inet 127.0.0.1.

What can be going on here? Three failures after an initial good install, following OMV's procedure EXACTLY every time.

• I am having the same problem with the small difference, that I don't have a spare screen and keyboard. After installing OMV and rebooting, I can't connect with that Pi any more, it just isn't there on the network.

• Nope, just tried it again. Right after

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

and the following reboot, it never came back up on the network. I could see there was some network activity (led on the ethernetport), but that was all, it didn't even show up anymore on the network scanner. Besides that it also didn't give a signature to visual when I connected it to my TV. Something isn't right in that script and I don't know what. I do know the original images for OMV4 were a lot easier to work with.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Depending on the router and it's lease period, when installing OMV5 on an R-PI, it's possible for the IP address to time out. After a reboot, the R-PI is still there, but it has new IP address. To know what the new address is requires one of two actions:

Query your Router for the new IP address.

(or)
    Hook up a keyboard and monitor.

The best thing to do is, configure the router to issue a static DHCP lease to the R-PI. Also, if your router has a short DHCP lease period consider lengthening the period to at least 24 hours.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!