OMV configuration files (OMV4 to OMV5): What are the important OMV4 configuration files which need to be copied to a newer OMV5 system disk to make that running?

• I use (indeed more than) two OMV servers, the newest, a fresh system one, has OMV 5.3.9 working, the older has OMV 4.x. [ I used the new system basically to fully install the OMV 5.3.9 system. ]

Now I want to upgrade the older OMV 4.x system (to OMV 5.3.9) by plugging in and boot the new 5.3.9-OS-disk on the old OMV box.

* Will this be possible?

* What are the important configuration files which need to be copied (and may be adapted) form the 4.x to the 5.x disk?

So to summarize: will upgrade from 4.x to 5.x be possible when using two system disks? Which files are needed to be copied then?

Your help is very appreciated.

Remark:

I studied a lot of available information and found some information that it is currently impossible to programmatically upgrade a running 4.x system to 5.x, for example I found the information that a former script "omv-release-upgrade" has been removed, because it is not applicable to a 4 -> 5 upgrade.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are posts on this forum detailing how it is possible to at least partially upgrade from OMV4 to OMV5, even if that is not officially supported. I have read them and it seems to work pretty good. I am sure you can find these posts just as good as I can.

1. Make a backup copy/clone of the OMV4 system drive.

2. Try to updatate OMV4 to OMV5.

3. If it fails, restore the backup clone.

4. Try something different.

I have never tried upgrading a OMV4 system to OMV5. I just reinstall.

• On an RPi4B upgrading isn't that much of a problem, never got it working on an RPi3B+, did a complete re-install on that one (and will sometime in the near future attempt a clean install on the 4B).

• Wikinaut

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!