Docker Install Fails on fresh OMV5 install and OMV4 ->5 upgrade

• Getting the below error on my OMV4->5 upgrade, and exactly the same error on a fresh OMV5 VM install.

considering all i want is my plexserver back, OMV5 upgrade has been a disaster for me.

• still failing with latest 4.7.1 update.

i've given up on OMV5 (shame 4 was superb) moving to freenas.

• Offizieller Beitrag

i've given up on OMV5 (shame 4 was superb) moving to freenas.

Did you look at the output of journalctl -u docker? The docker package failing to start isn't even the fault of OMV. OMV 5 is every bit as good as OMV 4. Volker has mentioned many times that the 4 to 5 upgrade is not supported. If you are willing to move to FreeNAS, why not consider a fresh install of OMV 5 first??

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you look at the output of journalctl -u docker? The docker package failing to start isn't even the fault of OMV. OMV 5 is every bit as good as OMV 4. Volker has mentioned many times that the 4 to 5 upgrade is not supported. If you are willing to move to FreeNAS, why not consider a fresh install of OMV 5 first??

i installed a fresh version in a virtual box and suffered exactly the same problems.

losing plex was a disappointment. i preferred the plugin over docker. that's why i installed and removed docker in OMV4.

when i did a virtual setup of freenas, the plugins went first time without issue.

don't get me wrong, you guys have done a fabulous job over the years. i've gone from OMV2 through to the OMV 5 and aside from one disaster with the an initial raid failure (which moved me to rsync backups) she has worked liked a charm.

• I must say I would agree with gwaitsi although I do not use plugin, but docker at this time is definitely not working as smooth as omv4. I keep struggling for over a week with version 5, and I see myself going back and forth between both systems.

One among some issues, having this problem where portainer disappearing and cannot be reinstalled, also volumes path not always working

I did not give up on OMV5 but hopefully with some subsequent update all those issues will be past history, but for now I think OMV 5 is not really ready yet for prime time .

• I've had the opposite experience and I have been on OMV 5 since last November when I upgraded my OMV 4.x install.

I have fourteen docker containers running.

Everything just works.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

when i did a virtual setup of freenas, the plugins went first time without issue.

IX has over 100 people who work on freenas for their job and they probably get direct support from plex. OMV has two people who work on things when they have time. It amazes me that you had the same problems installing docker in a fresh VM. I have done this hundreds of times now and haven't had this issue. I can't figure out what you are doing different.

don't get me wrong, you guys have done a fabulous job over the years. i've gone from OMV2 through to the OMV 5 and aside from one disaster with the an initial raid failure (which moved me to rsync backups) she has worked liked a charm.

Seems a little quick to jump ship to freenas then. That is a whole different world with a very different level of support.

docker at this time is definitely not working as smooth as omv4

My experience mirrors gderf's. No issues at all. I use it at work for many, many things as well. It is different but once you get it, it works very well.

One among some issues, having this problem where portainer disappearing and cannot be reinstalled, also volumes path not always working

Sounds like docker starting before you storage is ready. I added to the plugin to start docker after the local filesystems are done but some usb drives/remote mounts/mergerfs pool on top of filesystem on top luks have issues being mounted before docker starts. Restarting docker would probably fix it or adding the gross override to just wait 30secs for storage to be ready.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

i installed a fresh version in a virtual box and suffered exactly the same problems.

I have OMV5 install in VB on my W10 workstation, trying out raid, zfs, mergerfs, snapraid, I've removed docker reinstalled it moved it's path installed and removed containers and it just works, any errors have been of my own making changing from one setup to another.

• Sounds like docker starting before you storage is ready. I added to the plugin to start docker after the local filesystems are done but some usb drives/remote mounts/mergerfs pool on top of filesystem on top luks have issues being mounted before docker starts. Restarting docker would probably fix it or adding the gross override to just wait 30secs for storage to be ready.

I do not know if is related: I got 2 sd both with OMV5 and without changing anything in dockers ( relative paths) one of them make me land on a generic welcome page for Emby, Jellyfish, Airsonic and probably some other But I have not check them, the other OMV5 give me regular working library for those and I think I applied this mod for both Is your docker also corrupt after a reboot? (OMV5, Pi4) This might fix it!

• Before you move to freenas make sure you go buy a Supermicro based system with ECC memory installed. I started with freenas and had a simple question about my ASUS motherboard based system and the answer was "go buy a Supermicro because we can't support all the other brands/models". Meanwhile OMV forums don't seem to care even if you're poking along on a Pi.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!