Create a WEB Server on OMV 5.x [SEEKING HELP]

• I am a developer and I would like to create a WEB Server on my OMV installation to test my works before putting them online.

I have always used Apache but knowing that the OMV web GUI uses Nginx and, above all, to avoid problems caused by possible conflicts between Apache and Nginx, I would have no problems using the Nginx

I have already moved OMV to a port different than the default 80.

I tried to look for some installation guide on Google but I haven't found any recently.
    I haven't found anything so recent on the forum either.

The only things I have found are:

1. https://eliaxh.wordpress.com/2…er-php-on-openmediavault/ [Apache on OMV 0.5... :rolleyes:]

2. Nginx + MySQL + phpMyAdmin Installation: Openmediavault Raspberry Pi 3 [but the Nginx plugin is not present in the list of available OMV plugins, even though I still found where it is possible to download it!].

So I ask those who have perhaps already installed a WEB Server on their OMV system or to someone with more experience with OMV than me if you can give me support with a list of actions to do or by linking some useful web page.

Or, in your opinion, can I follow the instructions of the video linked above?

Thanks in advance to those who will help me.

Sorry for my English.

Davide.

• Thanks macom !

This was exactly the kind of help I was looking for ;)

If I can take advantage of you, according to your point of view, it's better to stay on Nginx (on which OMV is based) or look for a docker with Apache?

Could Nginx and Apache on the same machine create conflicts?

Thanks again for your reply.

• Among other things, I'm not interested that my works are visible from the "outside" but only from my internal network.
    So I don't even need to perform port forwarding on ports 80 and 443 ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

ryecoaaron always recommends not to use apache on OMV parallel to nginx. Not sure why apart from the potential port conflict which you are aware of.

On the other hand, if you use docker, you are free to use whatever you want and there will be no conflict for sure.

• I agree with macom:

Your best way would be to create a Docker environment for your dev purposes.

You need to define your environment requirements (like Apache, Mysql, PHP, etc....), and then look for an adequate docker image to enable your dev environment.

Happy to help if needed.

• Do you know where i can download a docker (Apache, Mysql or MariaDb and PHP) to use with portainer?

This may gets you started. Note however that you may need to tune it a bit here and there to fit your needs.

You can read up on the individual docker hub pages to get more info about the specifics for each container.

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Only a David could reply to another Davide in this way... :P:P:P

Now I try it and let you know ;)

Thanks so much!

• Hi, davidh2k !

I started from your configuration and I came to this:

...and everything works fine!

Thanks for your support!

Davide.

• You're welcome.

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!