How long for dist-upgrade?

• I'm doing dist-upgrade to 5.x (I think?) and I was wondering how long it takes? It's already been at it a couple of hours. I stupidly purged php because I was trying to install 7.2 and got fed up that I couldn't install it, so I purged it not knowing it would mess up the whole system. I lost access to my webgui where it said 404 not found nginx. So I figured that maybe if I did a dist-upgrade that I wouldn't need to reinstall OMV. But if it's not going to help, then I just want to cancel the upgrade because it's taking foreverrrrrrr and I'll just reinstall OMV 4 (I have an Odroid HC2/XU4).

• You could try running:

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

But it's likely your installation is toast. Restore from backup and try again.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If it's likely toast, can I just halt the upgrade? Do I just press Ctrl + C (I'm using PuTTY)? Then just pop out the micro SD card, load OMV 4 and start again?

You should do things like dist-upgrades in a screen session. So anything happening to the SSH session (like hanging up or getting stalled) won't affect the ongoing upgrade and you can re-enter the screen session at any point.

My scripts ran through in around 10 minutes in a VM with 2 cores and 4 GB RAM.

JFTR: Your upgrade attempt probably hang because it was expecting some input at some point. If you don't tell apt explicitly that there is no graphical nor text frontend for debconf (export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive) and how to deal with changed configuration files (dpkg's --force-conf* option group) you will likely being asked back by apt. And if you don't have a console at this point the whole process will stall forever.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My scripts ran through in around 10 minutes in a VM with 2 cores and 4 GB RAM.

SBC boards are going to very dependent on their SD card speed. These upgrades are very hard on the sd card for writes.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!