Space Needed for OMV5

• nostress4game

1. Many users here (most?) have their system running on a 32GIG USB flash drive. Don’t waste a SATA port on your system OS.
    2. you don’t need a separate drive for file data, just make sure is not on the same drive as the OS.

Hi Agricola,

Thank you for your respond. I will explore the method to use usb flash drive and I agree to not waste my sata port.

Ok 1 other question about data file, does it need a separate partition or I can just create it in my storage drive without a need of partition.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't need partitions.

Follow this -> User Guide. It will walk you through everything needed to set up OMV on a USB thumbdrive, setting up a data disk, and creating a network share.

• Hi, in my first day of vacation i was able to sit at my desk for work on my installation.
    First i discovered why it was impossible for me run a OMV VM on my notebook, it hangs completely: bridged network over wifi not compatible with my hardware.. so i "learned" i need to port forwarding a NAT network. On this VM i figured how to route the traffic of various containers in other containers (i hope you can understand my "engrish"): for start it's qbittorrent running through "gluetun".

I'm happy like a little baby playing with a new toy.

The next thing would be "syncthing". Then i'll want to explore the potentiality and flexibility of OMV + Docker.

Could you suggest some "interesting" containers? Soimething about streaming music/movies, or something you consider a "must-have".

T H A N K S for all

Message for myself: before asking a question, remember reading Guides, Wiki and forum threads....

• Offizieller Beitrag

Soimething about streaming music/movies

Plex, Emby, or Jellyfin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

or something you consider a "must-have

Nextcloud. Check out macom ’s how-to‘s in the Guide section of the forum.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!