"structure needs cleaning"

• I keep getting an error for an app that is trying to clean the cache out. the error points to structure needs cleaning, according to the app developers. I know I had a drive go bad and I couldn't unmount it correctly. So how can I get this taken care of? I know very little about openmediavault other than it works when it does and if it don't, come here and ask questions lol.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know very little about openmediavault

and you provide very little information.

What is the app you are referring to?

If you have a drive that is not available any more, remove all shared folders pointing to that drive (filesystem on that drive). It should show as referenced "no" in the filesystem view. After that you should be able to remove it.

• The app is emby and i have done all that, but when emby tries to clear cache that is the error i get. And i went to emby first and they stated it was an issue with structure of my machine. The drive that went bad i am pretty sure was part of a raid but i do not know for sure. Now i cannot get the other drive to be recognized after a power outage.

EDIT: I have got the drive to be seen. For some reason it will not auto mount now and i have to do it manually and it works after that. Any insight to both these problems will be much appreciated. Here is the exact error from emby :

Structure needs cleaning

at System.IO.FileStatus.EnsureStatInitialized(ReadOnlySpan`1 path, Boolean continueOnError)

at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.Init(FileStatus& fileStatus)

at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.Create(String fullPath, String fileName, FileStatus& fileStatus)

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.&lt;&gt;c.<fileinfos>b__6_0(FileSystemEntry&amp; entry)

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.ToList()

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.DeleteCacheFilesFromDirectory(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String directory, DateTimeOffset minDateModified, IProgress`1 progress)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)</fileinfos>

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dont1982 () aus folgendem Grund: more information

• It may be that the disk you're having issues with needs a filesystem check, i.e. e2fsck /dev/sdxy where x = the drive letter and y = the partition (usually 1).

As for Emby, is it running alongside OMV or as a Docker container? I use Emby myself and might be able to help with the cache clearing issue.

• Emby is ran in portainer. and i think i got it fixed. I ran fsck and it seems to be mounting itself now. the power went out last night when we had some bad storms and it came back on its own this time. Thank you all for the help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!