Unable to map in windows

• I am new to OMV and having trouble mapping to windows. My issue seems to be different from those covered in other threads.

I can connect to OMV only if i login as root or with users in OMV admin group. I want to be able to login as regular user. I get user "User or password is incorrect" error. I see the samba logs confirming as below. However, I have the right password as I can ssh.

Auth: [SMB2,(null)] user [.]\[XX] at [...] with [NTLMv2] status [NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD] workstation [XX] remote host mapped to [.]\[XX].

Any help understanding the issue will be great. Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wouldn't recompile samba unless someone here tells you to. That should not be necessary. It's complaining about an improper password, so I'm assuming you've verified that is right. Are you sure the username is correct?

I don't use SMB, but it shouldn't be that difficult.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can connect to OMV only if i login as root or with users in OMV admin group. I want to be able to login as regular user. I get user "User or password is incorrect" error. I see the samba logs confirming as below. However, I have the right password as I can ssh.

This is confusing me. Are you talking about

1. login to the GUI? By default only the user "admin" has full control in the GUI; normal users can login but have very limited functionality; only changing their password (if allowed by the admin)
    2. login via ssh? Users of the ssh group can login. In most cases this is root and other users that have been added to the ssh group.
    3. login to a smb share? By default these are normal users that got privileges on the smb shares

The "new user guide" which is linked in my signature might be helpful-

• One of the first things that got me when I started using OMV a few ago is that the permissions on the "Shared Folders" are set correctly for the users.

Shared Folders -> select the share and click privileges and make sure the users have the proper permissions to the "Shared Folders".

Of course I am new to the forum and this could be something completely different.

For Samba there are some suggestions that might be helpful here, Solutions to common problems #5. I used this information to set my SMB version to help speed up my connections perhaps there is something with the version of SMB that your client is using that could be the issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!