Web interface throws me out immediately

• Hi all,

I have been running OMV 6.0.3-1 (Shaitan) om a RPI running Raspian Bullseye for several weeks now. It works fine, but since a few days I have a very annoying issue: I can't log in using the web interface anymore.

It lets me in, shows the dashboard briefly (max 1 second) and then returns to the login screen. It is not a credential issue, since if I deliberately mistype the password I got another error. (400 Bad request: unknown username or password - as is to be expected). It happens with the admin user as well as with other user's I have created.

I have several PC's here (W10, Ubuntu, MacOS) and they all show the same behavior.

Clearing browser cache or running private mode doesn't help. Tried various browsers.

I have rebooted the unit several times (sudo reboot using SSH) but to no avail.

I know the web interface has an option to automatically log off after some time. Is it possible this is reset to 0 by some process, causing immediate log off? If so, is there a way to change this by using command line? I am still able to SSH into the unit.

Regards

Peter.

• This setting is here:

But i doubt it is it. Check the free space on your disk. Log in using ssh and df -h

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I know where the setting is in the web interface, but as I said I cannot enter this.
    Result of df -h:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/root 7.1G 6.9G 0 100% /

devtmpfs 333M 0 333M 0% /dev

tmpfs 462M 0 462M 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs 185M 1.8M 183M 1% /run

tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock

tmpfs 462M 0 462M 0% /tmp

/dev/sda1 16G 1.6G 14G 10% /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-02301CCD301CC995

/dev/sdb1 224G 131G 93G 59% /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-CA8AF9708AF95981

/dev/mmcblk0p1 253M 49M 204M 20% /boot

folder2ram 462M 0 462M 0% /var/tmp

folder2ram 462M 268K 462M 1% /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd

folder2ram 462M 980K 461M 1% /var/spool

folder2ram 462M 12M 451M 3% /var/lib/rrdcached

folder2ram 462M 4.0K 462M 1% /var/lib/monit

folder2ram 462M 32K 462M 1% /var/cache/samba

tmpfs 93M 0 93M 0% /run/user/1000

• Offizieller Beitrag

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/root 7.1G 6.9G 0 100% /

It looks like the drive is full. This can help you.

[How-To] Fix full OS filesystem - GUI login loop

• It looks like the drive is full. This can help you.

[How-To] Fix full OS filesystem - GUI login loop

Thank you! That was very helpful

It appeared that there was a huge logfile created by the miniDLNA service, full of lines stating:

minidlna.c:166: error: accept(http): Too many open files

Removing the file solved the problem.

Also the miniDLNA showed red on my dashboard (I could see that now I was able to login the GUI again :-D)

I changed the log level in the miniDLNA config to 'fatal'. I assume it now will log only fatal events, not errors., and not fill up the drive.

Regards,

Peter.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you! That was very helpful

Say thanks to Zoki , he was the one who hit the shot ;)

• Oudeheer

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Not wishing to resurrect this thread but found it while trying to fix the same symptoms (instant logout). In my case this was with a new installation of OMV 6 on a Raspberry Pi and storage on the root filesystem was not an issue (only 7% used). This 2020 thread suggested similar issues might be caused by the Flashmemory plugin and could be cured by changing the permissions of /var/lib/php/sessions to 777 but this didn't work for me either.

In the end, clearing my browser cache and deleting cookies associated with my OMV server fixed the problem, even after changing the file permissions back to their original values. Should have tried this first!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not wishing to resurrect this thread but found it while trying to fix the same symptoms (instant logout). In my case this was with a new installation of OMV 6 on a Raspberry Pi and storage on the root filesystem was not an issue (only 7% used). This 2020 thread suggested similar issues might be caused by the Flashmemory plugin and could be cured by changing the permissions of /var/lib/php/sessions to 777 but this didn't work for me either.

In the end, clearing my browser cache and deleting cookies associated with my OMV server fixed the problem, even after changing the file permissions back to their original values. Should have tried this first!

As a general rule, if you're getting the login loop, it's one of two things.

1. Full OS drive and the guide thread.

2. Cache issue.

#1 was covered in this thread.

#2 is an easy test. Open the webUI in Incognito/Privacy mode, and see if it lets you log in... if it does.. then it's a cache issue. Easiest way to resovle this, on every browser I know... in a regular tab go to the webUI sign in, hit Cntrl + Shift + R. Once it reloads, you should be able to log in normally, and it won't effect the rest of your cache/browser data.

Sometimes you'll have cache issues, and be able to log in without the loop, but have strange issues on other sections off the webUI. So generally anytime I experience a weird webUI behavior, first thing I do is Control Shift R. If it clears, then it was just a cache issue. If it doesn't, then you need to investigate further.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This 2020 thread suggested similar issues might be caused by the Flashmemory plugin and could be cured by changing the permissions of /var/lib/php/sessions to 777 but this didn't work for me either.

The flashmemory plugin doesn't cache /var/lib/php anymore - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ashmemory/default.sls#L40. Actually it was removed three days before that thread was started - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…04a8ba1e732cbd81aebd0016a

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!