How do you setup qbittorrent with docker on OMV 6?

• Sorry one more question, did you get SSH figured out?.. and also are you using 64bit PC or some ARM version of OMV?

No VPN just ordinary Qbittorrent. It's an Odroid HC4 ARM version of OMV.

Create the user in the GUI of OMV and add him to the "ssh" group. Then you should be able to login with that user via ssh.

uk63Kuv.png

There is no SSH group as far as I can tell, unless you mean just make the new user an admin, which seems to completely defeat the purpose.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No VPN just ordinary Qbittorrent. It's an Odroid HC4 ARM version of OMV.

uk63Kuv.png

There is no SSH group as far as I can tell, unless you mean just make the new user an admin, which seems to completely defeat the purpose.

No, the SSH group is there... or you don't have SSH enabled (even then the group should still be there). Scroll down and you should see SSH. They are in alphabetic order..

• So I take it now you can SSH in as your user?

Yes, I then proceeded to follow the rest of those instructions, making a dockier compose yml file, pasting in the template from the linuxserver/qbittorrent page for docker compose, saved it, ran it. Didn't do anything, can't open qbittorrent in web ui, doesn't show anything running in portainer. Presumably it's because I didn't edit any of the values though, not sure which ones are necessary, PUID and PGID?

Tried changing the values from 1000 (standard user ids) to 0 (root id) and it didn't change anything either, still can't access qbittorrent through web ui and portainer still blank.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, I then proceeded to follow the rest of those instructions, making a dockier compose yml file, pasting in the template from the linuxserver/qbittorrent page for docker compose, saved it, ran it. Didn't do anything, can't open qbittorrent in web ui, doesn't show anything running in portainer. Presumably it's because I didn't edit any of the values though, not sure which ones are necessary, PUID and PGID?

That would presumably it... I was getting to that. You need to do some editing to that file. Delete the container you just made.. I have to leave in about an hour so I'll try to give you a multiple instructions in 1 post.

Make sure your user is also in the docker group. Now go to a terminal session and note your UID with this command (it's probably 1000), but just make sure. You'll also see several GID's, 100 is the one we'll be using since all users are added to this group.

Code
    id username  #obviously use your username here

2. In OMV Shared folders, create 2 folders

One called AppData

One called Downloads

Then come back (don't jsut change the PUID/PGID and deploy it.. there's more that needs done)

• When are you going to start looking at the qbittorrent container and qbittorrent daemon logs?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Finished those steps.

now, in Portainer, click on Stacks, Add a New stack.

At the top, name the stack (qbit, qbittorrent, just something that identifies it)

In the body, copy/paste this...

Adjust the following lines:

Under environments:

PUID= You should have gotten this number UID number you got from the id command.

TZ= Your timezone

That's it.

Under volumes.

Click the webUI of OMV, and then the Shared Folders section. Click the little 4 square icon in the upper right beside reload button, and make sure absolute path is checked.

Once it shows the absolute path for your shared folders..

Click the icon beside the absolute path for your AppData folder.

Now, in the volume section, paste this path to the left of the colon in the /config line, and append it with qbittorrent

So it should look similar to this (your UUID will be different)... Remember, paths are case sensitive in Linux, so if you didn't capitalize the same way I did... it's no big deal, just understand AppData is different from appdata... Downloads is different from downloads. Our main concern on mapping volumes, is going to be on the left of the colon. We don't need to mess w/ the right side.

Code
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-408aa422-44c0-40d4-8e38-5c1f5ee1a56b/AppData/qbit:/config

Repeat for the Downloads folder you created in the webUI and it should look similar to this..

Code
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-408aa422-44c0-40d4-8e38-5c1f5ee1a56b/Downloads:/downloads

Once you do that, Deploy the stack.

• Seems to have worked, I'm inside qBittorrent Nox! Thank you very much!

Really seems like a lot of this stuff would be extremely straight forward if you already knew the default locations for certain files, and is pure nightmare fuel if you've never done it before. Strange dynamic.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seems to have worked, I'm inside qBittorrent Nox! Thank you very much!

Now, for future reference. I'd recommend if at all possible, sticking with linuxserver containers until you get a little more of a handle on what you're doing. They tend to set up very consistently and honestly with what we did there, you can apply those instructions to virtually any linuxserver container. Pretty much every linuxserver container has a /config and /data volume paths. Some may have multiple volume offerings (plex, emby, jellyfin, airsonic, etc.) but that is easy enough to figure out.

Just copy the docker-compose file into a stack and edit as necessary.

• Now, for future reference. I'd recommend if at all possible, sticking with linuxserver containers until you get a little more of a handle on what you're doing. They tend to set up very consistently and honestly with what we did there, you can apply those instructions to virtually any linuxserver container. Pretty much every linuxserver container has a /config and /data volume paths. Some may have multiple volume offerings (plex, emby, jellyfin, airsonic, etc.) but that is easy enough to figure out.

Just copy the docker-compose file into a stack and edit as necessary.

Sounds like a plan.

• KM0201

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • KM0201

Hat das Label OMV 6.x (RC1) hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Seems to have worked, I'm inside qBittorrent Nox! Thank you very much!

Really seems like a lot of this stuff would be extremely straight forward if you already knew the default locations for certain files, and is pure nightmare fuel if you've never done it before. Strange dynamic.

Well, if you read the documentation (and it's extensive and frankly, a little dry.. so most don't).. it's all basically explained there.

So most usually end up just coming here and firing off posts to ask questions.

• Well, if you read the documentation (and it's extensive and frankly, a little dry.. so most don't).. it's all basically explained there.

So most usually end up just coming here and firing off posts to ask questions.

Documentation for what in particular though? I read through the OMV documentation, I read through most of the qbittorrent linuxserver page, numerous forum posts, some information for docker. In general it was either not relevant information or far above my head having not done it before, it's not written for people learning it for the first time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Documentation for what in particular though? I read through the OMV documentation, I read through most of the qbittorrent linuxserver page, numerous forum posts, some information for docker. In general it was either not relevant information or far above my head having not done it before, it's not written for people learning it for the first time.

For docker and containers (linuxserver containers are well documented as well)

https://docs.linuxserver.io/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!