Photoprism not accessible from local network

• Hi,

My photoprism WebGUI is showing ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT When I tried to access from my desktop browser.
    I tried `curl` from my desktop but still times out curl: (28) Failed to connect to 192.168.50.100 port 2342: Connection timed out

Then I ssh-ed into OMV and tried curl and I got the proper response (I assume)

So I think this seems to be a networking issue. I don't have any ip rules set from OMV GUI. Does anyone know if there is any extra step for the podman/photoprism regarding networking to make the photoprism WebGUI accessible from other machines in the local network?

System Information

Version
    6.0.26-1 (Shaitan)

Processor
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor

Kernel
    Linux 5.15.35-1-pve

• Here is the output from iptables -nvL --table nat

System Information

Version
    6.0.26-1 (Shaitan)

Processor
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor

Kernel
    Linux 5.15.35-1-pve

• Make sure you are not having the omv-extras.org Docker plugin activated (remove it).

There is a conflict between Docker and podman CNI networking.

Once Docker is installed and you reboot OMV then it breaks the podman based container networking.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Once Docker is installed and you reboot OMV then it breaks the podman based container networking.

Seems to be an issue on your system, but not in general.

• This broke on my system too, and removing docker that was installed through omv-extras seemed to fix it. (weirdly this wasn't a problem previously, I don't know what changed)

I also had a problem with cgroupv2 management which I fixed with

sudo apt-get install dbus-user-session uidmap

Before I did the above steps, I could access photoprism locally (eg with lynx or curl) but not on the network - after the above and a reboot, all was well.

Thanks

• Make sure you are not having the omv-extras.org Docker plugin activated (remove it).

Hi!

But what can I do if I need both (Docker and PhotoPrism plugin)? How to make them work at the same time?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi!

But what can I do if I need both (Docker and PhotoPrism plugin)? How to make them work at the same time?

Shouldn't be a problem.

I run the wetty plugin (which is also podman) and all my other containers are run via docker. I don't use photoprism, but I can't imagine it is much different.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can set up PhotoPrism from docker.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Hi,

I'm having the same issue (curl works on ssh, but not from outside the OMV6 server).

I cannot drop docker, as I'm already using it to run other stuff (wireguard, duckdns).

I assume I have no choice than going with docker for any app installed through plugin that fails in the same way?

• I have this problem also. If the networking rules are the issue, is there away to work out what the bad rules are and fix them?

I have other things running in docker so am hoping to use Photoprism through the plugin. Everytime I try to do something in Docker I mess it up so hoping to stay clear of that.

How would one look at the networking rules to work out where it's not working?

EDIT!!!!!

I really don't know what I'm doing but I found a solution. Podman and docker are using the same subnet, but docker hijacks the subnet.

Easy way:

1. Make a firewall rule to allow port 2342 (through GUI)

2. Change the ipaddress range in /etc/cni/net.d/87-podman-ptp.conflist

3. Reboot

See the link for the proper way to do it. Note: choose a subnet away from what docker uses. I used 192.16.16.0/24

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von diggles () aus folgendem Grund: Found a solution

• diggles

The easy way worked for me so far.

Thanks a lot!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!