Cant find old Filesysteme of my RAID 0 after the os Disk broke

• The SSD on which the OMV OS was installed broke down and is unrecoverable. I installed a new os on a new Disk and my HDDs where recognized and omv and mounted my disks without creating a new filesysteme. OMV saw that data was already on it and from the first look it seems the data seems complete. But OMV cant find the old filesysteme on it and so i cant get access to my data. OMV sees that my disk have data on it and that both where in RAID 0 OMV even automatically started the resync processes. But i cant find a way to see the filesysteme.

Is my data gone or is where a way to find the old filesysteme?

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I installed a new os on a new Disk and my HDDs where recognized and omv and mounted my disks without creating a new filesysteme.

But i cant find a way to see the filesysteme.

Confusing. OMV does not mount filesystems by itself. You have to mount it in the GUI of OMV.

• RAID 0 is also a horrible idea for a NAS. RAID0 simply splits the data across drives with no data redundancy, in an attempt to maximize bandwidth for file access. If one drive fails, you loose everything.

If you do not need the bandwidth, you would be better off using the drives as individual drives in OMV or if you want to see them as one volume, use mergerfs. If one drive fails, you will not loose the files from the other one. If you have more than 2 HDDs, you can add snapraid to the mix to give some data redundancy, or use a RAID 5 without mergerfs. All drives should be the same size. You cant mix drive sizes.

Take the time to read and learn about this stuff before executing it.

As for mounting the RAID, I have never had an issue moving a RAID to a new OS as long as the RAID is in tact. If the RAID0 has been damaged, you may require some CLI intervention to get it working if possible, but I will defer to geaves on this. He is the resident mdadm guru.

• Offizieller Beitrag

but I will defer to geaves on this. He is the resident mdadm guru.

TBH I read this twice when it was first posted and I simply cannot understand it, probably lost in translation, but as you've pointed out Raid0 is a bad idea.

Redeploying as those that have done it know, disconnect data drives before a clean install, update, then reconnect data drives, even mdadm raids will be detected and should display in raid management, then just mount the filesystem (if necessary) in the filesystem tab.

This -> But OMV cant find the old filesysteme on it and so i cant get access to my data (makes no sense in conjunction with) this -> OMV sees that my disk have data on it and that both where in RAID 0 OMV even automatically started the resync processes. But i cant find a way to see the filesysteme.

But, you will not be able to 'see'/mount a filesystem until a resync is completed!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!