USBBackup to subdirectory on external disk

• Hello!

Hope you can help me, didn't find anything related via forum/google search. I'm using OMV v6.9.12-2 with "openmediavault-usbbackup 6.0.5-1" for backing up my share(s) to an external drive (which is running pretty good all in all, thanks for the hard work!!).

My problem is: I'd like to backup a share to a subdirectory on the external USB hard drive (Or in other words backup multiple shares to the same drive) but I can't see how via WebGUI. Is that possible?

Thx in advance, Roland

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Hello!

Hope you can help me, didn't find anything related via forum/google search. I'm using OMV v6.9.12-2 with "openmediavault-usbbackup 6.0.5-1" for backing up my share(s) to an external drive (which is running pretty good all in all, thanks for the hard work!!).

My problem is: I'd like to backup a share to a subdirectory on the external USB hard drive (Or in other words backup multiple shares to the same drive) but I can't see how via WebGUI. Is that possible?

Thx in advance, Roland

No, not at the moment. Please file a feature request if you want to see that feature in future.

• Hello!

Thx in advance, Roland

Is your USB drive recognized/mounted through OMV? If yes, then use "rsync". I use that method for several shares from 3 internal drives to external USB 4TB drive.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von andrzejls ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is your USB drive recognized/mounted through OMV? If yes, then use "rsync". I use that method for several shares from 3 internal drives to external USB 4TB drive.

The idea of the USB backup plugin is, to realize a simple workflow to backup on a portable backup drive so you can store the backup in a separate place (as part of your 3-2-1 backup strategy)

Workflow is

1. connect drive via USB
    2. wait (OMV will mount the filesystem, run the rsync job, unmount the filesystem and send you a mail if you wish)
    3. disconnect the drive - done
  • The idea of the USB backup plugin is, to realize a simple workflow to backup on a portable backup drive so you can store the backup in a separate place (as part of your 3-2-1 backup strategy)

Workflow is

1. connect drive via USB
    2. wait (OMV will mount the filesystem, run the rsync job, unmount the filesystem and send you a mail if you wish)
    3. disconnect the drive - done

Yeah... I remember the "good old days" using DAT tapes (5, one for each day of the week incrimental and 1 for Sat. full backup) on SUN and SGI boxes. Lots of work. Now days I use NAS for what it is --> "network attached storage" and I do not have "workflow", just storage using OMV as JBOD with MariaDB database running, in Docker, supporting 5 Kodi installs. I have no need to remove/umount usb drive on daily bases. I just use rsync for "incrimental" backup of bunch of OMV shares. Works for me.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!