Hard drive keeps filling up

• Hello,

I need an expert!

I come to you because since this evening I have had my main hard drive filling up constantly (1MB every 5 seconds)

Docker no longer launches because I imagine there is no more space for it to work correctly

In the logs I could see this : " monit[963]: 'rootfs' space usage 94.9% matches resource limit [space usage > 85.0%] "

Can you help me please

Thank you in advance

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • You need to look down through sda1 to see where the space is being consumed and then figure out what is doing it. Your posted images don't show any detail of the actual drives, just the totals.

Personally, I would install ncdu and then run ncdu -x from the root. You can then quickly and easily drill down through directories with the left and right arrow keys to identify the culprit directories and files.

Once you find the culprit, then advice can be given.

• I suspect the Docker Storage directory was left at the default setting of /var/lib/docker and this is why the rootfs is filling up.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I suspect the Docker Storage directory was left at the default setting of /var/lib/docker and this is why the rootfs is filling up.

Probably the most common cause, but without a look there is no way to confirm. I’ve also seen logs being spammed filling a drive.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thanks but I finally restored a slightly old backup

And how does that prevent the same thing from happening again?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!