Missing omvextras plugins for OMV 3.x?

• Hello,

Testing yesterday the latest build, I saw that I can't download zfs and docker plugins even if they are in the list. I'm getting a 404. Looking the url paths I see that packages.gz and rest are exist but not the deb files. Some migration or something else is on the way?

Sent from my bacon

• Plugins not ported to 3.0.15+ where removed from repos last week.

Hello @subzero79

One question: Is it still possible to downgrade to 3.0.13 to get the both plugins to work or is this not possible anymore because of removing the plugins from the repository? If so: Is it somehow possible to install the "old" plugins compatible to omv 3.0.13 in a manual way until the plugins are ready for 3.0.15+?

At the moment I can't see a maintainer for the zfs plugin. Docker is not as relevant as zfs to me. But I would like to see both working in omv 3 stable.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I think OMV 2.x will be the gold standard for a while where plugins are concerned. It is too difficult to maintain 2 versions and move forward on the plugins for the same release (Stoneburner) of OMV. Causes a lot of confusion/issues. Hopefully Nic will do some work on the Docker plugin soon.

• lucky for me , all plugins I need/want are in 3.0.30 :)

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• @tekkb Yes, you are right and I also understand this! I hope omv3 to be stable soon, so the developers can focus more to omv3.

Debian 9 (Stretch) arrives in 2017. ;)

I patiently wait for my extra-plugins (mainly zfs, and emby) on omv >3.0.13. Otherwise I have to use the debian packages without the plugins. It's also no problem, but it's not as nice as with the plugins.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @subzero79 Ok, good to know. Thanks for the Information.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And build from older commits for the plugins that have been ported to datamodels.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I definitely will not be porting extplorer to 3.x. It isn't that hard to install with the nginx plugin or use winscp.

• I have seen you mention winscp a lot, but that is a windows apps. What if someone, like me, do not have windows?
    I will be installong webmin though. In addition to some nice modules to supliment omv functionality, it has a great file manager, way better thean extplower.

Sent from my phone

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you don't have windows, I assume you are using Mac OSX or Linux? If so, you could use sshfs and use your native OS file manager. Most Linux distros allow you mount sshfs without the command line. You could try filezilla as well.

The problem with webmin's file manager is that it requires java.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• ok, even after using Linux for several years I still feel like a total noob some times :)
    but this time is a bit different. I thinks that the reason people want a native WebUI file manager is that some times you need to do things on the server without loading and unloading files to-from, that is what you will be doing if you use any external file manager (unless I am wrong about this).
    let say I want to move some folders on the server, a webUI fm will run on the server and move them locally, not uploading them to the client machine and than back to the new location on the server.

and FYI, the new version of Webmin (starting from V1.790 I think) have new , non-java file manager (FileMin) installed with the setup. one of the users had developed it last year and it was so good it have been added as a build-in module. I came across of it last year by chance, and it was added to the next version with in a month of me seeing int on the webmin forum

• The problem with webmin's file manager is that it requires java.

There are two file managers available in Webmin.

One is the older and very capable Java file manager.

The other is the newer (non Java) FileMin file manager.

Having used Webmin for more than 15 years I can state that the new FileMin file manager is no where near as capable as the old Java version.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• There are two file managers available in Webmin.
    One is the older and very capable Java file manager.

The other is the newer (non Java) FileMin file manager.

Having used Webmin for more than 15 years I can state that the new FileMin file manager is no where near as capable as the old Java version.

you probably right but for many people it will do most things just fine.
    I personally could never make the old Java based manager work for me on any of my home PC except one running windows. and since I do not have that one anymore new manager is very helpful

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used webmin on debian/ubuntu long before OMV. Once OMV was released, I pretty much stopped using webmin. So, I have never used filemin and didn't know about it. I still hate java (yes, I have to use it all day long at work).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thinks that the reason people want a native WebUI file manager is that some times you need to do things on the server without loading and unloading files to-from, that is what you will be doing if you use any external file manager (unless I am wrong about this).

WinSCP and Filezilla perform the actions directly on the server.

• WinSCP and Filezilla perform the actions directly on the server.

didn't know that, interesting.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!