Upgrade ?

• my Current version says under Overview it is 0.4.31 ( Fedaykin ).
    I tried auto update ..no luck.
    Then I tried
    apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && omv-update
    and then
    omv-release-upgrade
    with no luck .

How can I Upgrade ?
    If I down the latest iso will it perform and upgrade ?
    Thanks ,
    John

• Thats an old installation, better stick to clean install of OMV4. How does your hardware look like? What plugins did you use up till today? Is OMV extras installed?

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• last time I tried a clean install I had to re format my drives and lost data ..
    I see the mention of disconnect drives .
    Now is there a way to back up my shares so after the install , I could then import the config that and plug the drives back in and be good ?

• Now is there a way to back up my shares so after the install , I could then import the config that and plug the drives back in and be good ?

No. There is no way to convert a fresh install into something that looks and behaves like a previous install by importing files from the old install. You will have to configure it all by hand from scratch.

If you keep a copy of the old config.xml file you can refer to it while you configure your new install. Having screenshots of the old system's web pages wouldn't hurt either.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Which format have your data drives?

If you still use EX2/3 you should format anyway. Backup your data, format, setup new OMV4, copy your backup on the new system. All services, configuration and plugins have to be set by hand anyway.

Terry Pratchett

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• Oh! Have not heard about that or even tried it. Good to know.

Terry Pratchett

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!