Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused

• When I try I access my gui I am getting the error 'Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused'

Code
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140Stack trace:#0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)#5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#6 {main}

Anyone got any idea how I can resolve this, I have cleared the browser cache which never did anything, not that I really expected it to.
    Cheers

• We need to have more information about your setup. The fastest way to solve your problem is to use the forum search function or google. We have answered that question already 1000 times.

• Thankyou for your reply, I did search the forum and google before posting but none of the solutions I found worked for my problem.
    My system version is

Code
    ii openmediavault 3.0.99 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.29 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

It was after I updated the login problems started for me.

When I run omv-engined -f -d
    I get :- https://pastebin.com/Zv7zTpZp

I dont have any addons installed.

I have also tried running apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
    but that never help either.

Any advice would be post appreciated.

• Thanks for your reply, god knows what has happened to my installation though.

Code
    ● openmediavault.service
    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
    Active: inactive (dead)
  • It doesnt appear to be, plus when I run omv-engined -f -d , openmediavault works as it should do, I just cant close it in the command prompt.

• I have the same problem and get the same error message.

When I run "omv-engined -f -d" I can log in and everything seems running appropriately. Anyway the output of "omv-engined -f -d" is as follows (note that i stopped that after approx 1 minute after the login).
    Output of "omv-engined -f -d "

Here below some more details.
    1., The output of "systemctl status openmediavault" is nothing. It simply returns to the command line. The same with "systemctl status omv-engined".
    2. The output of "dpkg -l |grep openm" is
    ii openmediavault 4.1.19-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    3. My system is Zyxel NAS540 running debian as per the following guide: http://www.techdudes.de/1930/z…n-und-openmediavault-omv/
    Thank you in advance for your support.
    Regards,
    Matteo.

• I have the same issue now. :-(

# systemctl status openmediavault

Unit openmediavault.service could not be found.

# systemctl status openmediavault-engined

● openmediavault-engined.service

Loaded: masked (Reason: Unit openmediavault-engined.service is masked.)

Active: inactive (dead)

root@omv:~# dpkg -l |grep openm

ii openmediavault 5.6.0-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

When i run omv-engined -f -d it is working.

Also re-installed the openmediavault package, nothing solved.

What do do?

Thx!

• Run systemctl unmask openmediavault-engined.service and systemctl restart openmediavault-engined.serviceto get it working again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!