[HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

All of your questions are about @Solo0815 diff script. I don't use it or snapraid. So, I will try to answer the best I can. Everything done in Windows should work on the plugin. I refer to the snapraid manual a lot when working on this plugin.

It is automatic once you start it. So, you just need to start it at boot.

Scrub frequency is how often it runs since the script is always run. It is meant to be a scrub because you don't need a script to run sync. sync can be done with a scheduled job. All of the paraments in the diff script frame are used in the script and nowhere else. The settings are defaulted to whatever solo0815 uses.

Scrub percentage is the -p parameter. Once again, it is just a default. Maybe solo isn't using it on large files so it is fast.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for your help. Based on the comments at the beginning of the script, it sounds like it will automatically run a sync for me (unless too many files are missing, at which point I am alerted). So in that case, I wouldn't need to schedule a sync in the Scheduled Jobs, because I can choose how often to run the script by editing "Scrub Frequency" and the Sync will happen automatically. Also, is there anything else I need to do in order to make it start at boot? Or does this happen automatically as long as the plugin is enabled?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I glance at the script but I didn't see the sync part. So, I guess you won't need to schedule that :)

Updating snapraid to 8.1 in repo now. i386 and amd64 are there. armel and armhf take a long time to compile...

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Snapraid hat in der 2.1 OMV Version so seine Problem in Kombination mit den Unionfilesystem.
    Ich habe 2 neue Platten im Unionfilesystem (Anfs) hinzugefügt und wollte diese dann in Snapraid syncen (1 Parity, 1 Data) - der Sync brach jedes Mal mit ein "Kill" Error ab. In der Syslog sah man nur einen ewig langen Kernel Fehler.

Ich habe daraufhin Snapraid neuinstalliert und die alten Sicherungs Daten von Snapraid entfernt um das ganze neu syncen zu lassen. Das hat funktioniert, hat aber 1 Verzeichnis nicht lesen wollen. Daraufhin fiel mir auf dass das Anfs Verzeichnis (da wo alle Daten von Unionfilesystem zusammengelisten werden) komplett "leer" war und dass der betroffene Ordner auf einer der Platten nur noch als "Lesbar" markiert war, aber sonst ging nix mehr. Weder löschen, noch Rechte ändern usw.

Ich habe dann OMV neugestartet und daraufhin war nun alles wieder da und auch das besagte Verzeichnis. Das syncen klappt nun komplett.
    Ich vermute mal das UFS da wohl ins Schwitzen kommt wenn da plötzlich große neue snapraid.content Dateien in jeden seiner zugewiesenen Platten erscheinen. Wieso auch immer.

• Hi,

Is it possible to extend the snapraid-diff script to accept a custom email recepient?
    I'd like to have the result of snapraid sent to Pushbullet, but I don't want every notification from OMV sent there, so I can't set pushbullet as recepient in the generic notifications setup.

I'm quite sure I know where to tweak the script + config, but I don't know how to get the tweaks merged into the plugin..

Atom 330 @ 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM
    2x3TB Data, 1x3TB Parity, SnapRAID + AUFS pool
    Latest OMV running on custom Debain Wheezy, 3.14 Backports kernel

• Hi All,

I've been (poorly) using snapraid for a while now, running regular sync through a cron job. But I realized I need to get set up using the diff script today, as last night's sync ran after I mass re-nammed an entire series of TV (i.e. over 100 deleted files) -- this could cause some problems in the future.

I was reading through the post about the two places the omv-snapraid-diff script was (/usr/local/bin) and (/usr/sbin) -- however, there is not a file by that name in either location. /usr/local/bin is empty -- /usr/sbin has a lot in it, but nothing relating to snapraid that I could see.

I'm running:
    omv 2.1.13
    openmediavault-snapraid 1.5 plugin

I can see where to change the diff script options in the gui, but cannot find this file to try running manually and get the error (No such file or directory) when trying to run from cron/scheduled jobs. Do I need to download the script manually and place in one of these directories? I don't see the file on the github omv-snapraid-scrips, so am assuming it should have been created automatically by the plugin?

Any help would be appreciated!

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-snapraid-diff is in /usr/sbin/

• omv-snapraid-diff is in /usr/sbin/

I don't see it in my /usr/sbin folder -- in that directory I've tried ls and don't see it, and have tried running it (omv-snapraid-diff and ./omv-snapraid-diff) but it still comes back "No such file or directory."

What's the best way for me to get it back? Can I download it from somewhere, or maybe should I delete my info from snapraid, uninstall the plugin, and reinstall the plugin?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try: apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-snapraid

• Need some advises.
    I'm currently using soft RAID10, should I use Snap Raid or USB Backup for my data backup?
    I read both guides, and they're looking similar...
    Thanks.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Hi,

I played a lil bit with snapraid and now i would like to use it for real. But when i try to add my new HDDs, then it says that the old hdds are missing. A look into the snapraid.conf: the old HDDs are still there. But i deleted them out of snapraid?

When i try to name the new HDDs to the testing names, make snapraid --force-uuid sync, it says "too many files changes. Try --force-empty sync. When i do this, it says "too many uuids have changed, try --force-uuid sync....

How can i delete the old testing HDDs from the snapraid.conf? and where is the .conf located? i have one on each hdd i had in snapraid...

• The working copy of the config file is in:

/etc/snapraid.conf

The files with the same name located on your data and parity disks are copies.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• okay thanks.

Strange: in this copy (and on the new HDDs) are the new HDDs mentioned in the .conf. But there is an old "HDD-Folder" with an older snapraid.conf with the old names. How can I delete this?

This is what i get when i try to sync:

Self test...
    Loading state from /media/91379b51-142a-4b38-b8aa-4a46dd89324d/snapraid.content...
    Decoding error in '/media/91379b51-142a-4b38-b8aa-4a46dd89324d/snapraid.content' at offset 90
    The file CRC is correct!
    Disk named '3TBb' not present in the configuration file!
    If you have removed it from the configuration file, please restore it

the only thing i can do: Fix the array... Is there not other way???

• Post your /etc/snapraid.conf file.

Which drives are in the system and which drives are gone?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• # this file was automatically generated from
    # openmediavault Stone burner 2.1.17
    # and 'openmediavault-snapraid' 1.5

block_size 256
    autosave 0

#####################################################################
    # OMV-Name: Data1 Drive Label: 3TBb
    content /media/91379b51-142a-4b38-b8aa-4a46dd89324d/snapraid.content
    disk Data1 /media/91379b51-142a-4b38-b8aa-4a46dd89324d

# OMV-Name: Data2 Drive Label: Test
    content /media/21932ab4-4775-4201-acb3-fff454ed70c4/snapraid.content
    disk Data2 /media/21932ab4-4775-4201-acb3-fff454ed70c4

# OMV-Name: Parity1 Drive Label: Parity1
    parity /media/14f6363d-8b9a-40a0-9e41-89789f124f50/snapraid.parity

exclude *.bak
    exclude *.unrecoverable
    exclude /tmp/
    exclude lost+found/
    exclude .content
    exclude aquota.group
    exclude aquota.user
    exclude snapraid.conf*

this are the now installed HDDs.
    Gone are: "3TBb" and "Test" (as OMV-Name. The HDDs are the same, but formated even the parity HDD is the same, but formated). all have now new UUID

The Old HDD UUID are:
    /7e21d208-310b-44b9-9216-5ad292482c07/
    /7cd31492-0dab-4111-b424-dac0fbeb164b

• About all I can suggest is to use the SnapRaid plugin to delete all drives, and then save the configuration, and perhaps reboot the machine.

Then start over and use the plugin to configure it from scratch.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!