Does anyone have the previous version that was delisted - OpenMediaServer Version 4.1.7 image file

• I have a Raspberry Pi 4 with damaged mini HDMI ports so I can't use the video.

I previously used it as a NAS and it worked perfectly but I wanted to try using something else and deleted the image.

Now I can't reinstall the new version without installing Raspberry Pi and the whole command line copy and paste procedure.

It would be great if I can simply reinstall the whole system on an image again.

Does anyone have a copy of the old image from before the Dec 2019 change (OMV 4.1.7 Arrakis) or know where i can get it, please?

• I do happen to have one (OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus_4.img.xz), how would you like to receive it.

• I can't tell you when the image was made, but here's the image I put on my Google Drive before all the images got pulled...

https://drive.google.com/open?…vKVoDADEr4eGqnQVeAcslA3rr

You're making more out of this than you need to however. Why not just flash Debian Buster onto the SDcard, SSH after it boots, then just install OMV on top of Buster, over SSH? No display is needed

https://peppe8o.com/install-ra…ite-in-your-raspberry-pi/

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

Edited 2 times, last by KM0201 ().

• Not sure either, if Stretch will run on RPI. For sure buster is recommended for RPi.

Pretty sure Stretch will run on RPi, as the RPi predates Stretch by a good part. Besides that, I have an RPi 3B+ and an RPi 4B both running Stretch. The 3B+ because Buster wasn't available yet when I installed it, the 4B because I am familiar with it and didn't wish to experiment. And that image I offered in #2 is also Stretch (it is the base image I used for the RPi 4B, downloaded it already when the RPi 4 was announced).

• hi there, a litle related with the topic, i have a pi b+ and had a running an older version of omv just fine, when i upgraded to pi 4 i accidental erased that old version from the sd card, but now i´d like to reinstall it to do some experiments that don´t wanna do with the main NAS of course.

The thing is, i´ve searched everywhere, and can´t find an older version of any kind of omv for raspberry. i have the image of the 4, but doesn´t work of course and neither the 5 one... so if anyone could point me to an older version like 2 or 3 i´d be much gratefull

• That would have to be OMV 2.x. I don't think I ever made even an OMV 3.x image that worked on the rpi1. You would be better off to find a newer rpi.

omv 5.5.0 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.3
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That would have to be OMV 2.x. I don't think I ever made even an OMV 3.x image that worked on the rpi1. You would be better off to find a newer rpi.

well i wasn´t sure wich version was. Anyway, maybe I didn´t explained my self well, I have 2 raspberry pi rpi1 and rpi4. rpi4 is working top notch with OMV, the rpi1 did worked fine with so OMV 2.x. but as i was no needing him when upgraded to rpi4 deleted the old one files to , well give new meanings to rpi1, but now, needed to reinstall that old version so i could make some experiences...and can´t seem to find old builds anywhere...nor local nor widely.

so if anyone does have a image of OMV 2.x or point me in their direction it would be great!

• maybe I didn´t explained my self well,

You explained yourself just fine. I am saying you don't want to run an image that old because it isn't supported on the Debian side or OMV side.

omv 5.5.0 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.3
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!