Persistent portainer Data on external drive

• Update:

Finally I was able to make a good working OMV 5 clean install, this time emby did not work with relative path but did work with absolute one now no sure why I am not able to access my SMB share from my pc also so far emby with letsencrypt not working yet, just getting the generic page welcome to our servers.

Edit

SMB issue has been resolved after pc reboot

• Not sure why after restart http://192.168.2.30:8096/ with is page for emby get back again to Jellyfin with is normally on port 8196 so I think is now time to move on and go with docker compose So I did my new stack for Emby but again http://192.168.2.30:8096/ give me a generic page

• Well it was a kind of typo AppData instead of appdata, now got back my original library but I am not able to play anything since any way I am writing the path for my movies nothing plays from the path srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2 Definitely got some issues with portainer volumes path!

Code
     /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/media:/Media2
     /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/media2:/Media2
     /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2
  • I have no idea what is wrong with portainer after each emby container restart is creating a an empty disk so emby goes in the wrong directories for fetching the movies

Code
    srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2

• Offizieller Beitrag

volumes:
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/config:/Appdata/Emby
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/media:/Media2

1, suggest to navigate in putty to the folder on your nas and copy/paste the path to avoid typos

2. for config folder, it seems you mixed left and right side,

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/Appdata/Emby:/config

3. I assume Emby wants to have the media files in the data folder in the container,

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2:/data/Media2

- /path/for/transcoding:/transcode #optional
    - /opt/vc/lib:/opt/vc/lib #optional

You need to either put a correct path on the left side of the ":" or comment the complete line

# - /path/for/transcoding:/transcode #optional

# - /opt/vc/lib:/opt/vc/lib #optional

environment:
    - PUID=997

Why are you using this PUID?

On OMV I would expect a PUID of 1000 and above. 1000 is the PUID of the first user created in the GUI of OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Until you resolve the bind mounts it's never going to work!!

Look at linuxeserver/emby and the config volume/bind

/path/to/library:/config Red is outside, the share on a drive, Green is inside the container, so for the config it should be something like this; /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/Appdata/Emby:/config

These are just totally wrong;

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/media:/Media2

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/media2:/Media2

Emby do their own docker here so why use linuxserver

• Yesterday since I was going nowhere I was able to go back to OMV 4 with a symlink to a sort of back up folder of container not modified by portainer

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/docker instead of /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/docker/docker on this one I was using this emby https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver 's container I also noticed with this version It was using mount point mnt

I was using 997 since I thought it was the the ID of the portainer user name: admin

anyway the main difference about path on emby docker from emby and linuxserver is

Code
    -v /path/to/library:/config \  
    -v /path/to/tvshows:/data/tvshows \  
    -v /path/to/movies:/data/movies \

or

Code
    --volume /path/to/programdata:/config \ # This is mandatory    
    --volume /path/to/share1:/mnt/share1 \ # To mount a first share    
    --volume /path/to/share2:/mnt/share2 \ # To mount a second share

Anyway now I think I need to go to back to https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver since, overnight emby reconstructed all data with /mnt/share2 for the movie container path although I did not find anything to put in a stack for docker compose there

so guys please tell me If I am wrong with this ?

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/Appdata/Emby:/config \

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2:/mnt/share2 \

• Offizieller Beitrag

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2:/mnt/share2 \

What is actually in the Media2 folder, if you have sub folders i.e. Movies and TvShows (note the no space) then it needs to be defined as such;

e.g.

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/Movies:mnt/share2

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/TvShows:/mnt/share3

otherwise when you configure Emby from it's webui all you will see is /mnt/share2 which is pointing to /Media2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes inside media2 I got several folder but with OMV4 I was able to separate all this directory directly inside emby webui library and find the mount point , Do you think that part may change in OMV5 ?

That will remain the same, I have separate shares for each, Movies, TVShows, Music etc. it just makes it easier to set up, then I just select the share in Emby rather than selecting the share then a sub folder within it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The above is totally wrong!!

The first line which is the container /config is OK the host there is no need to add /config to end of Appdata/Emby

The second part that is totally f*ed the container should be /mnt/share2 and the host should be /Media2 (remove /mnt/share2)

I spoke too fast not playing from OMV5

I have never seen that error before and it has nothing to do with OMV5 but it has everything to do with the portainer set up, then the Emby webui.

• got error in emby container log

Code
          -1 }">standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"
     -1 }">
    standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

I looked at

Code
    docker run -d \    --volume /path/to/programdata:/config \ # This is mandatory    --volume /path/to/share1:/mnt/share1 \ # To mount a first share    --volume /path/to/share2:/mnt/share2 \ # To mount a second share

but with

/mnt/share2

/config

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/Emby

Got the error above

• got error in emby container log

Code
     -1 }">
    standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

This is seen when an image that is compiled for one architecture and running it on another architecture.

Sure you are using the right image?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• No idea why anyway I recreates with the stack and the other emby from linuxserver so it make sens now when I see the result in the container I was very confused with the colon ":" part although it does not look it is working either nothing is playing

also if add data in front like in the example I cannot find the folders in emby library Just wondering if is not a permission issue?

Code
      volumes:      
    - /path/to/library:/config     
    - /path/to/tvshows:/data/tvshows      
    - /path/to/movies:/data/movies

---

version: "2.1"

services:

emby:

image: linuxserver/emby:beta

container_name: emby

environment:

- PUID=997

- PGID=100

- TZ=America/Los_Angeles

- UMASK_SET=022 #optional

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/Emby:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/Documentary:/Documentary

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/Foreign_no_French:/Foreign_no_French

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/Movies_French:/Movies_French

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/Movies_USA:/Movies_USA

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/TV:/TV

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/FAMILY:/FAMILY

ports:

- 8096:8096

- 8920:8920 #optional

restart: unless-stopped

• Offizieller Beitrag

You didn't answer gderf question, in response to the error, what are you running this on?

Your example above is back to linuxserver use this one

The following is edited;

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/Emby:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/Documentary:/mnt/share1

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/Foreign_no_French:/mnt/share2

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/Movies_French:/mnt/share3

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/Movies_USA:/mnt/share4

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/TV:/mnt/share5

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_2/Media2/FAMILY:/mnt/share6

Never use a beta image.

PUID=997  macom asked you about this, this uid is not possible

UMASK_SET=022 #optional not necessary delete

8920:8920 #optional do you understand/know what this is, if you're not going to use it, delete

• Not working wont start

Code

I can only assume I am being ignored. Is that so?

And you really should start a new thread as the Subject for this one is not proper due to thread drift.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!