MotionEYE OS

• Hi,

I heard on a Youtube video that on RTSP caeras will work on MotionEye OS docker, is this correct? as i have 2 usb cameras,

Thanks,

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• This has nothing to do with OMV or Docker itself but...

MotionEye OS supports IP cameras and has "Support for most USB cameras" >> https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneyeos/wiki/Features

So a docker container is set up fast. Why don´t you just try it? :)

I was looking at instruction on installing Motioneye OS in docker/portainer but i found 2 conflicting videos one saying it wont work with USB cameras and one saying it would. This is why i asked in the forum as you guys would know for definate.

I will try and install Motion eye in docker and see if it works

• USB cameras definitely work as they say that on the official features list :)

New issue both guides i found to install Motion eye on Docker/OMV5 are no good, they only get me 50% of the way. :(

• New issue both guides i found to install Motion eye on Docker/OMV5 are no good, they only get me 50% of the way. :(

Care to share what you find lacking?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Care to share what you find lacking?

Instructions that actully work?

I used these instructions

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    from DB Tech but get as far as starting the stack and i get this error no suitable node (unsupported platform on 1 node)

• Very few if any of those here who could help you are going to watch a video that shows what the author of the video did, not what you actually did.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Very few if any of those here who could help you are going to watch a video that shows what the author of the video did, not what you actually did.

I follewed what the auther of the video did step by step. Unless you have a suggestion on a guide i could use that might actully work?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unless you have a suggestion on a guide i could use that might actully work?

It is docker. You don't have to find a guide specific to OMV. I would use the instructions from the motioneye author - https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneye/wiki/Install-In-Docker.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

To make it easier here is what the guide the auther wrote

"Open Portainer and create a new Stack and then paste the following in:

Code
    ---
    version: "2"
    services:  motioneye:    image: ccrisan/motioneye:master-amd64    container_name: motioneye    volumes:      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro #Timezone Config / Do Not Change      - /etc/motioneye:/etc/motioneye #Config Storage      - /var/lib/motioneye:/var/lib/motioneye  #File Storage    ports:      - 8765:8765    restart: always

You’ll notice some notes in the “volumes” section that explains what each volume does. You don’t need to change the localtime line, but you’ll want to map the Config and File Storage volumes to your system’s correct locations.

This is available for desktop and ARM processors. If you want to install this on an ARM processor device, be sure to change the image to:

Code
    ccrisan/motioneye:master-armhf

Once you’ve got that, you can click the “Deploy the Container” button and wait for the container to deploy."

After it has deployed, you can go to http://your-server-address:8765 to login."

This is as far as i got when i go to the address i get "This page cannot be displayed" when i go and check on the stack it comes up with "no suitable node (unsupported platform on 1 node)"

• STUKguy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!