Install Portainer - DNS Error

• I thought I was being careful but evidently not careful enough.

1. Was working in portainer to delete anything relative to Plex (containers, images etc.) so I could do a new Plex container
    2. Something went haywire
    3. Long story short - I uninstalled Portainer completely in OMV-Extras>Docker>Portainer
    4. Now upon reinstalling Portainer I get the dialog box in Por01.jpg
    5. I have DNS set up as shown in Por02.jpg

Need the forums help badly. How can I get it reinstalled successfully?

Man, has this thing ever spiraled out of control on me today. 1/2 hour job now into 5 hours. Had it all working fairly decently, with a few tweaks needed, and then screwed it all up. That'll teach me to mess with things. Yeesh! :S

Bilder

Thanks, Kai :thumbup:

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

• Not Yet. In what capacity should I use it? Just pinged my DNS 8.8.8.8 and returned 4 packets.

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

• Leave DNS Servers blank and try omv-firstaid configuring the network adapter with manual IP and DNS, then try another time with Docker.

Eventually, try another DNS server like 1.1.1.1 or directly use the router's IP.

• Just used omv-firstaid but did the docker rather than the enp37s0. That left me with a docker0 interface and no enp37s0. So then I added the enp37s0 back in. Now I will see if that worked.

Should I delete the docker0 interface?

• I've tried 1.1.1.1, my router ip, 8.8.8.8, everything that I can think of (but then again, I'm not an expert OMV person). Nothing is working. Does this mean I have to reinstall OMV5? Is there something wrong inside of Docker or Portainer? I had been using portainer and a plex container just fine for two days until I tried to delete some old linuxserver/plex images and some old plex containers (leaving the portainer container only) so I could just do a new plex container. Then every time I created a new container it would FAIL and say it could not locate a plex image. After that, everything is downhill.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The settings in Por02.jpg look correct.

You can add several DNS server by separating them with a comma, e.g. 1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,192.168.0.1

After you saved and applied the changes reboot the server.

If it is still not working, please post the output of following commands.

ping –c 4 8.8.8.8

ping –c 4 google.com

cat /etc/resolv.conf

ls -al /etc/resolv.conf

systemctl status systemd-resolved.service

• macom, thanks so much for replying. I was hoping I would see a response(s) from the forum this morning. Last night I was using another thread to try and solve things -BUT- like your post #7 I don't know where to type in the commands you requested outputs on. Please tell me how to do that. Also, I have, one at a time tried, about 4 DNS server including the router IP, all to no avail. I'm going to make a coffee and then return to this to get busy on outputs if there is a reply on where to type the commands. I sure hope I (we) can solve this without reinstalling OMV5. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know where to type in the commands

In command line interface (CLI) or terminal, e.g. using Putty on Windows or cmd.

Putty is described in this guide

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/Getting_Started-OMV5.pdf

• Okay. Got it. Will be using Putty on Win10Pro since I'm familiar with that.

• Okay, so here's my first input. Am I doing it correctly? Seems like an unsatisfactory return.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kai ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please copy+paste from putty. In putty you just need to mark the text with the courser, it is then already copied to the clipboard.

In the forum use the </> icon to insert the text as code.

No idea why the command is not working on your system. Use ping 8.8.8.8 instead and stop after 3-4 lines with Ctrl+c

• Bear with me here . . . still learning . . .

1. Through a short trial run I now know how to institute the </>
    2. Is it safe/advised to publicly display my server IP ????
    3. How do I get to a new prompt in putty after the long return of your last requested command so I can ping 8.8.8.8? There are a ton of lines posted after using the last command.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please copy+paste from putty. In putty you just need to mark the text with the courser, it is then already copied to the clipboard.

In the forum use the </> icon to insert the text as code.

No idea why the command is not working on your system. Use ping 8.8.8.8 instead and stop after 3-4 lines with Ctrl+c

He copy and pasted it rather than typing it.. and if you look at that - , it's not right. I've seen this happen before.. (look at the difference below.. 2nd one I typed)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Bear with me here . . . still learning . . .

1. Through a short trial run I now know how to institute the </>
    2. Is it safe/advised to publicly display my server IP ????
    3. How do I get to a new prompt in putty after the long return of your last requested command so I can ping 8.8.8.8? There are a ton of lines posted after using the last command.

Control + c

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it safe/advised to publicly display my server IP ????

It is only your local IP like 192.168.0.1, right. No issue.

How do I get to a new prompt in putty after the long return of your last requested command so I can ping 8.8.8.8? There are a ton of lines posted after using the last command.

press ctrl+c to stop the command. That is pressing the ctrl key and the c key at the same time.

• He copy and pasted it rather than typing it.. and if you look at that - , it's not right. I've seen this happen before.. (look at the difference below.. 2nd one I typed)

I will [type] in as soon as I can determine how to get at a prompt from the last code return

• Is this what is wanted?

• Ok for those two,

now we know that you have internet connection and that systemd-resolved is enabled and running

Got it. Worked.

Question - Is it safe to publicly display my IP address? Reason I'm asking is I see a discrepancy in IP's when running command [cat /etc/resolv.conf]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!