How to add user and do not show on the webui?

• I have upgraded my box from omv4 to omv5 recently.
    But in omv5, there is no plex plugin anymore, so I deployed plexmediaserver by docker-compose, and I want to use the Library (grown in omv4 for about 40GBs) and keep the same permissions as that in omv4.

In omv4 that Library own to user plex who is created by the plugins and added to group plex and video.

So I created plex user and group, and set docker environment variables PLEX_UID and PLEX_GID to the same id.

But I found the plex user was shown on the webuipage(users), while that is not shown in omv4.

Is there any method to make plex invisable on the webui page?

• i create the user in terminal by using adduser command.

After the plex user was created, it was showed in the "user section page" on the webui.

How can i created the user like other soft, such as cockpit creating cockpit-ws that can be found in /etc/passwd, and not showed on webui page.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you create a user from the command line, it is easy. You either add the --system flag to useradd or create a user with an ID under 1000.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!