ununderstandable message

• Bonjour,

I upgraded the system using apt-get

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

Since this day, I get this message:

Subject: Pending configuration changes

Code
    The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.

Who send this message?

What does it mean.

How to stop it (and satisfy the offended service...)

Thank you.

F.P.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you get this same message along the top bar of your GUI when you login? If so, click apply and

Confirm.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• I don't use omv guy, I hate graphical interfaces! I admin my servers via cli, it is the first time I see that some upgrade has to be confirmed: why? and doing what?

That's a mystery.

F.P.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now myself, not being a “guy” hater, I have noticed recently when upgrading that there is an Apply notice to finalize the upgrade. Now those questions are above my pay grade.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just performed a little test. I upgraded one machine via GUI and another machine via the command line. Of course the two upgrades were from different versions. The second machine hasn't been on in a while so there were some differences in what was being upgraded, but here is what I found:

GUI: There was no Apply banner when the upgrade finished.

Command Line: There was an Apply banner and a reboot notice on the GUI when the command line finished.

So there you have it. Depending on what you hate, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. No harm done and it works correctly either way.

Have a good day.

• I had this banner in the GUI myself a few times in the past. But since a month or so the banner doesn't pop up anymore.

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.8 | omvextrasorg 7.0

• frpatte I've created issue 980 in github. Does it reflect the desired change correctly?

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Offizieller Beitrag

Volker has said this is desired bahvior. I posted an additional command to apply the changes if you don't like it - RE: Apply "Pending configuration changes" on the command line

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some updates that include fixes require to rebuild configurations for various fixes. These are not applied silently anymore, instead the admin has to decide when to apply them. What has been changed is not visible due technical reasons, but this does not matter because the concept of OMV is to be simple and keep everything away from the user.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!