OMV6 sure looks like a huge upgrade

• Offizieller Beitrag

The code is using php's function gethostname since I can't use javascript to get the hostname anymore. I may have to execute the command hostname -f and use its output. Does hostname -f return the correct hostname on your system?

Unfortunately, it isn't cut&paste.

The symlinks plugin shouldn't be a problem to port since it is pretty simple.

ryecoaaron You can use \OMV\System\Net\DNS to get the hostname, but the better approach is to load the conf.system.network.dns database object and build the hostname yourself. Think about the situation where the hostname is modified but not applied, then your plugin is modified and the PHP code uses gethostname to get the hostname, this will finally end in incorrect data.

I don't know the plugin, but why not getting the hostname while deploying the configuration. You can use Salt grains to get the hostname or easily access the conf.system.network.dns database object. You can make 'hostname' a dependency of your RPC module, thus 'hostname' is deployed before your plugin, and you can be sure the Salt grain contains the correct hostname.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can use \OMV\System\Net\DNS to get the hostname, but the better approach is to load the conf.system.network.dns database object and build the hostname yourself. Think about the situation where the hostname is modified but not applied, then your plugin is modified and the PHP code uses gethostname to get the hostname, this will finally end in incorrect data.

I don't know the plugin, but why not getting the hostname while deploying the configuration. You can use Salt grains to get the hostname or easily access the conf.system.network.dns database object. You can make 'hostname' a dependency of your RPC module, thus 'hostname' is deployed before your plugin, and you can be sure the Salt grain contains the correct hostname.

The plugin is just trying to find the hostname to open a browser window. I used to use the javascript function location.hostname to build the url but I can't do that anymore. I don't care if the hostname has been modified but not applied because the plugin needs the current name that is resolving. Salt can't be used here either because this is all client side stuff.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin is just trying to find the hostname to open a browser window. I used to use the javascript function location.hostname to build the url but I can't do that anymore. I don't care if the hostname has been modified but not applied because the plugin needs the current name that is resolving. Salt can't be used here either because this is all client side stuff.

OK, that is an easy task. Simply use {{ location.hostname }} in a string, and the UI will automatically fill it with the current hostname. See https://github.com/openmediava…/functions.helper.ts#L307

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's definitely not right. Are you sure doctor is installed

Sorry, I forgot that I had uninstalled it.

wayne@omv6:/$ docker info | grep Root

Docker Root Dir: /var/lib/docker

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, that is an easy task. Simply use {{ location.hostname }} in a string, and the UI will automatically fill it with the current hostname. See https://github.com/openmediava…/functions.helper.ts#L307

Looks like it should actually be: {{ location() | get("hostname") }} but it is working.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No idea why this is marked alpha. I did a fresh install 3 days ago and didn't face a single problem.

SMB shares work, GUI works, OMV extras and Docker (qBittorrent, Adguard Home, Cloud Commander, Scrutiny) work as well.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No idea why this is marked alpha. I did a fresh install 3 days ago and didn't face a single problem.

SMB shares work, GUI works, OMV extras and Docker (qBittorrent, Adguard Home, Cloud Commander, Scrutiny) work as well.

Just because it "works for you", has nothing to do with why it is marked Alpha.

1. It hasn't been extensively tested.

2. Debian 11, which it is based on, isn't even stable yet

• Just because it "works for you", has nothing to do with why it is marked Alpha.

It seems to be working pretty pretty good for many people. Only major complaints I saw on the forum were about FTP but that was fixed.

I had a spare NUC lying around, installed OMV 6 and I couldn't be happier with it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It seems to be working pretty pretty good for many people. Only major complaints I saw on the forum were about FTP but that was fixed.

I had a spare NUC lying around, installed OMV 6 and I couldn't be happier with it.

OK, again.. that is irrelevant and has nothing to do with whether software is Alpha, Beta, etc. I've tested it quite a bit and like it a lot... but that doesn't mean it's stable... especially when the underlying OS isn't even stable yet

• OK, again.. that is irrelevant and has nothing to do with whether software is Alpha, Beta, etc. I've tested it quite a bit and like it a lot... but that doesn't mean it's stable... especially when the underlying OS isn't even stable yet

All true.

I just wanted to share a success story. In my case OMV 6 works just as stable as OMV 5.

• All true.

I just wanted to share a success story. In my case OMV 6 works just as stable as OMV 5.

I'm just going to set up my my system completely from scratch.

So I'm now not sure if it should give OMV 6.0 a try.

But how it will be if there will updates from OMV6.0 alpha to beta and further to final release.
    Is there update possible or could it also the way that I need to install the hole system from scratch again?

Edit: quick installed it in vm an found a few problems:

1. No login possible after typing in the password and hit Enter. Enter just make the password readable. You need to use the mouse to push the login button. Tested with firefox

2. Update are not possible to install by webgui. so the packed openmediavault 6.0-16 need to be installed by hand.

3. there are updates shown wich are on not visible on the console. Releoad and search for update on the webgui is not cleaning the update list.

Is there any official way to report all this found errors.

Cheers Robert

OMV 5.x always up to date.
    Modded dell t20 into 19" rack case with Pearl LCD Display (Status Display!)

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von no_Legend ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The login screen password issue should be fixed. You just need to run updates.

I've not had the other issues.

• only to know, same problems here (1, 2 and 3), using Chrome, and update stuck on 6.0-10 and not posiible to update to: 6.0-16

• need to do the dist-upgrade by hand on the console.

Then the problems are disappeared.

Cheers Robert

OMV 5.x always up to date.
    Modded dell t20 into 19" rack case with Pearl LCD Display (Status Display!)

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did your docker path persist?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!