Add CLI window inside OMV GUI.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you know how to use stacks in Portainer?

Yes, that's where I get. I get lost with swag, etc. I don't know how to use them. I have to seek information and learn. It is only a matter of time, tranquility and patience. Slowly. Thanks. When I have studied, questions will arise. Then I'll come back here to do them. It is not the time yet, so I have been quiet reading without intervening.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, that's where I get. I get lost with swag, etc. I don't know how to use them. I have to seek information and learn. It is only a matter of time, tranquility and patience. Slowly. Thanks. When I have studied, questions will arise. Then I'll come back here to do them. It is not the time yet, so I have been quiet reading without intervening.

Swag is super easy really... as long as you can forward two ports in your router to your server... You can forward virtually any service through swag and have https access to it remotely. All you really need is a domain, either one you purchase, or a free one from duckdns.org

https://docs.linuxserver.io/general/swag

Some example threads of how swag is used:

Playing downloaded podcasts on OMV

[How-To] Nextcloud with swag (Letsencrypt) using OMV and docker-compose

RE: Nextcloud Bad Gateway

• Offizieller Beitrag

My OCD is at about a 26 on a scale of 10 right now, looking at that Heimdall page..lol (I'm kinda like that about everything). I have all mine grouped by the type of service (media, utility, etc..).. I never thought of color coordinating them, and instead have them all the same color..lol.

• Offizieller Beitrag

KM0201 all the red “OU” buttons are services associated with the main server, which has an orange/black “OSU” themed skin. The backup M4 machine lower down has a red button which has no services associated with it. I guess I could set up Wetty for that and make red Wetty and Portainer buttons for that and turn all the “main” service buttons orange. Everything below that is random. I’m not sure what I’ll do when OMV6 becomes current. I’ve looked for the css files but no luck yet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

as long as you can forward two ports in your router to your server...

After my first readings for information (The link you put is not translated by google, there are some pages that refuses to translate, this is one of them).

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/swag

https://www.linuxserver.io/blog/2020-08-21-introducing-swag

I'm starting to understand what swag is and what it's for. My first complication arises.

I have my network as follows. ISP router (R1) forwards traffic to my network's router IP (R2). R2 generates another network and manages the home.

Problem: My ISP reserves port 80 for the management of its router (maybe 443 too, I don't know). To authenticate a certificate with Let's Encript I need to forward these ports to the server host, and I can't. I suppose that to solve this I would have to configure R1 in bridge (this I already tried and it was not easy), or buy an ONT and get rid of R1 (a complicated issue too). It really is something that so far I have not needed, I access my network from the outside through VPN and I have my needs resolved. I get the impression that this is all going to be a big headache. And I still don't see the benefits. I think it would be nice to work on this if I wanted to have a public website, but it is not the case.

Another case where it could be useful is for nextcloud, but with "syncthing" I solved what I needed in a much simpler way. At the moment I am satisfied with simple things that solve my needs. Despite the guide I posted on KVM, Nextcloud, etc, and the time I put in, I finally found out that I don't need as many complications, for now.

So I think I will put this topic on hold for when I have more experience and see it all much easier. I don't have infinite time to dedicate to this, I wish I could change that. I thank you for all the information and I keep this thread in my memory.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, unfortunately that will be a significant problem. Unless you can forward ports 80 and 443 (and like you said they may reserve 443 as well) you can't get this to work (or if there is a way, it's beyond my skill level). This seems to be kind of common overseas, as I've seen this come up a few times. I've rarely seen it an issue in the US.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!