Can't Access OMV After Attempting Update

• It is not a volume, but a bind-mount of a directory, not that bad. But one needs to know how to merge that back into the original files or to waive them.

Fixing the clbre library should be easy, but what to do about Nextcloud/appdata_ocvdapl3c5pk ? Dut this directory was added yesterday at 20:15, maybe not worth the hassle of resoring.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• It is not a volume, but a bind-mount of a directory, not that bad. But one needs to know how to merge that back into the original files or to waive them.

Fixing the clbre library should be easy, but what to do about Nextcloud/appdata_ocvdapl3c5pk ? Dut this directory was added yesterday at 20:15, maybe not worth the hassle of resoring.

I'm not concerned about Calibre. I have that on my laptop too.

So should I delete those folders, disable portainer and and calibre, uncomment the fstab, then reboot?

• Do it this way:

1. reconfigure calibre and nextcloud to not start on boot
    2. stop calibre and nextcloud so they do not write new files in the directory
    3. remove all files and directories from /srv/5ff... (you know what you are doing, right?)
    4. uncomment the mergerfs in fstab
    5. reboot or mount /srv/5ff
    6. check that /srv/5ff.. looks as expected
    7. restart calibre and nextcloud
    8. reconfigure calibre and nextcloud to start on boot again
    9. (veryfy last step by rebooting)

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Do it this way:

1. reconfigure calibre and nextcloud to not start on boot
    2. stop calibre and nextcloud so they do not write new files in the directory
    3. remove all files and directories from /srv/5ff... (you know what you are doing, right?)
    4. uncomment the mergerfs in fstab
    5. reboot or mount /srv/5ff
    6. check that /srv/5ff.. looks as expected
    7. restart calibre and nextcloud
    8. reconfigure calibre and nextcloud to start on boot again
    9. (veryfy last step by rebooting)

Thanks for that. For step 3, the folder is srv/5ff.../Ella. Do I delete everything in the Ella folder, or do I delete it he Ella folder too? Am I ok to delete via cloud commander, or should I use CLI?

• You need to delete the Ella directory too. Choose whatever method you like.

At the end you should have an empts /srv/5f... directory.

• If we helped, click here

What, so it's all a scam? Ye pretend to be nice, then smack me with a bill? 🤬

Only joking. Delighted to help, just disappointed that I can only afford something small. As I said the other day, one of the great things about OMV is the community and how helpful they are to everyone, regardless of skill level.

When I win the lottery I'll be making a much bigger donation!

I'm the mean time, do OMV have a Patreon page. I donate a little each month to pihole, and would be happy to make a recurring donation to OMV. Just a thought.

Thanks again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can only afford something small

Small donations work well and are fine. While the software is free, there are costs associated with server hosting. (Like this forum, for example.)

• Small donations work well and are fine. While the software is free, there are costs associated with server hosting. (Like this forum, for example.)

I managed to set up a recurring payment on PayPal in addition to the one off payment. The small contribution is well worth it.

Looking forward to the 24 hours a day immediate support I'm now entitled to 🤣

• Zo clarify: I am not related to the forum or Volker. Just try to contribute

And regarding the 24/ support. Give me your phone numer and I call back at 2 am.

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • If we helped, click here

This link is not working for me... shows a 404 page...

Yet: I also would like to contribute and would be glad if I can find somewhere valid credentials where I can do a PayPal or whatever payment in order to give a little bit back. I know votdev and ryecoaaron (and others) are putting a lot of effort into the development and are not asking for anything (which is very kind and humble) but I do believe that a post / link where regular users like me could just make a little donation would facilitate the whole process ;)

So: could somebody help me out?

Edit: Found this page in the meantime: https://www.openmediavault.org/?page_id=1149

Is that the correct link for donations and does everybody who is involved in this beautiful project get something out of this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is that the correct link for donations and does everybody who is involved in this beautiful project get something out of this?

That is the one for the openmediavault project (votdev).

On this page you find a "Donate" button at the very bottom for the omv-extras project (ryecoaaron)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!