Is there a guide to in place upgrade?

• Offizieller Beitrag

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/buster-backports.list

That is the other file. Comment the line by putting a "#" in front.

Yes, I tried the omv-release-upgrade. No success.

That is why the guide put the steps 5.1 and 5.2

If it is not working to run the command again, restore your backup, fix your sources until 5.1 and 5.2 are successful and run the omv-releaste-upgrad

• GOD!! TODAY I AM COMPLETELY SCARED

It turns out that I have omv5 on my proxmox server without problems and I have 4 disks, 2 sata and 2 usb connected and mounted in FNS and SAMBA with my omv5 that I share with my lxc containers and other vm besides my internal network and to see how This version worked and if this update could work, I made a new vm in my proxmox and installed another omv5 to do this update...

in the new omv5 (TEST) install several plugins and dockers I started to run the whole guide to update to omv6 and when I was executing the 3rd step of the sudo omv-release-upgrade guide, I realized that I was executing the steps in my production omv5!

GOD I put colors and I resigned myself to having to reinstall everything... I had a backup that I made of the system but on other occasions that backup did not help me at all having to redo everything...

thank god it seems that everything is up and running and running the latest omv-upgrade on the console

I recommend to anyone who reads this to never commit a case of such nonsense as mine and check again and again where you are working before regretting any damage or loss or whatever

(adding more actual info)

the only problem that I have found is that for some reason in the dashboard there seems to be a problem with showing the memory and the system information

also I already had little space on the sda1 disk (2gb) and now the space even less (1.xgb) and I was going to ask this part in another thread but since I'm here I hope you can understand the need for help... If someone knows in my nextmox I have increased the space from 20 to 25GB, however in omv that change of additional 5gb does not appear... I had thought to install gparted in grub and run it to expand the partition manually from there but now that I mistakenly updated to 6, I wonder if that would be a clear solution... as long as I can install gparted to run it from grub as in omv5

Thanks and I hope this post helps someone who is about to commit a suicide like mine, thank God and the person who made the guide and commands that work so well...

MAINROUTER:
    Raspberry PI 4 - OpenWRT
    𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗠𝗩5 (Debian 10 Buster):
    Optiplex 7010
    CPU:
    Intel Core i3-3225
    Ram: 8gb,
    Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.10.0-0.bpo.12-amd64
    OMV: 5.x Usul
    Docker: 5.x~debian-buster
    Portainer: 2.11.1
    Containers: Heimdall, Duplicati, qBitorrent, Scrutinity, Smokeping, Speedtest, Node-Exporter, Prometheus, Cadvisor, Grafana
    disk 1 - SSD 128gb
    partition sda1 / = 10gb
    partition sda5 swap = 4gb

disk 2 HDD 4tb

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von roycordero ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I recommend to anyone who reads this to never commit a case of such nonsense as mine and check again and again where you are working before regretting any damage or loss or whatever

You aren't the first or the last to do this. The upgrade from 5 to 6 usually goes well and I don't remember one that couldn't be fixed.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• the only problem that I have found is that for some reason in the dashboard there seems to be a problem with showing the memory and the system information

Hello,

I have just upgraded also from 5 to 6 with the help of the 2nd post.

I also have seen this problem in my dashboard where memory and system information are just reading and do not load.

omv is running on a HP gen 8.

• Anyone seen this error right after upgrade from 5 to 6? Happens once a second or so

Mark D

OMV6.1.0 upgraded from 5 on a Core2Duo

mergerfs & snapraid

Docker for urbackup, omada controller, adguard.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Anyone seen this error right after upgrade from 5 to 6? Happens once a second or so

Fixed in next version, see https://github.com/openmediava…5095ced0ecc95b5bd9ad3ae02.

• Oct 31 21:09:16 openmediavault omv-engined[19009]: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getDescription() on null in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/manager.inc:133

Fixed! 8):thumbup: No junk in the log and dashboard stuff is working that wasn't yesterday.

Mark D

OMV6.1.0 upgraded from 5 on a Core2Duo

mergerfs & snapraid

Docker for urbackup, omada controller, adguard.

• Sorry to ask this but I am new enough to Linux and OMV that I am confused. I am currently running on an RPi4, Debian Buster and OMV 5.6.xx, bares bones OMV no extras. Works solid for over a year with zero issues.

1. For OMV 6 - do I need to upgrade to Bullseye?

2. For the update process shown in this thread will it update my linux version to bullseye as well or only do the OMV 5 --> 6 upgrade?

3. If I need to update to bullseye as seperate process I assume I should just follow the process for a new install shown on the wiki at https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…omv6:raspberry_pi_install. Is that correct?

Thanks, Pat

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raspberry PI4 - 4GB w/ Debian Bullseye using Deskpi-Pro case :)

OMV 6.6.0-2 (Shaitan)

• Offizieller Beitrag

1. For OMV 6 - do I need to upgrade to Bullseye?

2. For the update process shown in this thread will it update my linux version to bullseye as well or only do the OMV 5 --> 6 upgrade?

3. If I need to update to bullseye as seperate process I assume I should just follow the process for a new install shown on the wiki at https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…omv6:raspberry_pi_install. Is that correct?

omv-release-upgrade upgrades the OS and OMV at the same time.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi folks, upgrade worked like a charm thanks for the help. Only issue was that I have a SONOS S1 music system and it only works using SMB 1. Was able to make change in OMV 6 and all is back up and running.

Thanks again - great system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raspberry PI4 - 4GB w/ Debian Bullseye using Deskpi-Pro case :)

OMV 6.6.0-2 (Shaitan)

• I have encountered a problem - I followed Techno Dad Life update video to the tee and the upgrade started but I have not been able to refresh my webpage and get access back to OMV. I will post the last section of what was left after the upgrade but I have no clue with terminal so need step by step help if possible. When I try the webpage I get 403 forbidden. I have had help putting OMV on a reverse proxy but Im trying it on the no reverse proxy address

``Errors were encountered while processing:

collectd-core

collectd

openmediavault

openmediavault-diskstats

openmediavault-nut

openmediavault-omvextrasorg

openmediavault-shairport

openmediavault-lvm2

openmediavault-sharerootfs

openmediavault-usbbackup

openmediavault-snmp

openmediavault-tftp

openmediavault-forkeddaapd

openmediavault-clamav

W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with --allow instead.

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)``

• I followed Techno Dad Life update video to the tee

Which update vídeo?

Techno dad doesn't posted any new vídeo in a long time and IIRC, none for OMV6.

Link to it, please.

And also explain what you did.

What commands you used are a good start

• The Link is here

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

So I followed he lead and downloaded all the plugins before SSH in. Then sudo omv-salt stage run deploy. Then once that was complete I did

sudo omv-upgrade. Once that completed I did sudo omv-release-upgrade.

The result was the last section I put in my first post and not able to access the webpage of OMV.

I haven't removed drives just upgrade from OMV 5 to OMV 6

• The Link is here

That link is the youtube page. I was thinking a link to the Guides page on the Forum.

Now, people have to watch a youtube video to see what the hell is running there, <X

So I followed he lead and downloaded all the plugins before SSH in.

When you say "all the plugins...", do you mean the one's you use or, literally ALL, even if you don't use them?

On an OMV5 running system without issues, all you need is omv-upgrade without errors and, after omv-release-upgrade.

After seeing the video, I'll understand better your issue.

• All the PLUG-INs - even ones I don't use.

So do I need to run it again and see what happens - sudo omv-salt stage run deploy without errors? Does that mean no fails?

On my first run of this at the end of the first command I got this

Summary for debian

--------------

Succeeded: 310 (changed=138)

Failed: 1

--------------

Total states run: 311

Total run time: 163.256 s

Summary for debian

------------

Succeeded: 1 (changed=2)

Failed: 1

------------

Total states run: 2

Total run time: 168.823 s

Then did
    sudo omv-upgrade and got this

sudo omv-upgrade

Get:1 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease

Ign:1 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease

Get:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release

Ign:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release

Get:3 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages

Ign:3 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages

Get:4 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en

Ign:4 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en

Get:3 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages [2146 B]

Hit:5 http://linux.teamviewer.com/deb stable InRelease

Hit:6 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease

Get:7 https://openmediavault.github.io/packages usul InRelease [12.7 kB]

Get:8 https://download.docker.com/linux/debian buster InRelease [54.0 kB]

Hit:9 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease

Hit:10 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease

Get:11 https://openmediavault-plugin-…github.io/packages/debian usul InRelease [3928 B]

Hit:12 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public usul InRelease

Hit:13 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian buster-backports InRelease

Err:5 http://linux.teamviewer.com/deb stable InRelease

The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY C5E224500C1289C0

Fetched 70.6 kB in 1s (57.6 kB/s)

Reading package lists... Done

W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://linux.teamviewer.com/deb stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY C5E224500C1289C0

W: Failed to fetch http://linux.teamviewer.com/deb/dists/stable/InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY C5E224500C1289C0

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Calculating upgrade... Done

The following packages will be upgraded:

containerd.io docker-ce docker-ce-cli

3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 0 B/89.6 MB of archives.

After this operation, 13.6 MB disk space will be freed.

(Reading database ... 115057 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack .../containerd.io_1.6.10-1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking containerd.io (1.6.10-1) over (1.6.8-1) ...

Preparing to unpack .../docker-ce-cli_5%3a20.10.21~3-0~debian-buster_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking docker-ce-cli (5:20.10.21~3-0~debian-buster) over (5:20.10.20~3-0~debian-buster) ...

Preparing to unpack .../docker-ce_5%3a20.10.21~3-0~debian-buster_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking docker-ce (5:20.10.21~3-0~debian-buster) over (5:20.10.20~3-0~debian-buster) ...

Setting up containerd.io (1.6.10-1) ...

Setting up docker-ce-cli (5:20.10.21~3-0~debian-buster) ...

Setting up docker-ce (5:20.10.21~3-0~debian-buster) ...

Processing triggers for systemd (241-7~deb10u8) ...

To be honest I dont know if I have errors there or not and how I'd fix them

• After seeing the video, I'll understand better your issue.

Ok, now I see and will explain here what's the deal with that video.

I think this will give more concerns than solutions

The 1st instruction is to set a Static IP which is a good thing but even if it's on DHCP, there's nothing to worry about.

But then, sh*t hits the fan: He says He installed "as much plugins as He can" so, people will do the same, even if they don't use those plugins.

The video point's to Zoki instructions that are the most basic and functional that are on the forum:

Is there a guide to in place upgrade? - Updates/Upgrades - openmediavault

And this is all that's needed to upgrade to OMV6, NOT all the info that's on the video

Now, it's time to see what is going with your system.

Access locally or via SSH and post the output inside a codebox </> of:

dpkg --list | grep openme

omv-upgrade

• The 1st text file you posted show the script for upgrade still running in it.

You probably didn't gave it enough time to complete.

As it seems now, your system has been upgraded.

For now, You'll have to accept the "Pending Configuration Changes" to finish the upgrade.

After all is done, them we can check the rest for errors.

The error with teamviewer happened to me also on a test VM by doing what you did: install ALL plugins even if I didn't needed them.

In order to clear it, uninstall the plugin.

After you have to delete or comment the line from /etc/apt/omvextras.list

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!