OMV 5 not receiving updates for a while now

• It's been over a month since I've seen any updates for my OMV server now. Which feels highly unusual.

Code
    root@OMV:~# uname -a
    Linux OMV 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.70-1~bpo10+1 (2021-10-10) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Code
    ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
    omvextras.list                        openmediavault-kernel-backports.list.save  openmediavault-local.list
    omvextras.list.save                   openmediavault.list                        openmediavault-local.list.save
    openmediavault-kernel-backports.list  openmediavault.list.save                   openmediavault-os-security.list

Does this all look right? I've never went so long with no update at all

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, OMV 5 is going to be EOL sooner rather than later, so it's not particularly surprising you're not getting OMV updates much anymore. Debian 10 is I think only getting Security updates now.

Looking here, 10.12 was released on 3/26 https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/

What is the output of

Code
    cat /etc/debian_version
  • I still want to give OMV 6 a couple of weeks/months and then try the upgrade.

I'm just asking because I didn't receive any package updates at all since at least a month I believe. Which just feels weird. But I just checked, docker seems to be on the latest 20.10.14

Code
    root@OMV:~# cat /etc/debian_version
  • I still want to give OMV 6 a couple of weeks/months and then try the upgrade.

I'm just asking because I didn't receive any package updates at all since at least a month I believe. Which just feels weird. But I just checked, docker seems to be on the latest 20.10.14

Code
    root@OMV:~# cat /etc/debian_version

Debian 10 hasn't received updates for some time that is why you don't see them.

As for OMV5, same reason as above: if Debian isn't updated, OMV5 won't see them also.

And as for OMV5 updates (regardles of Debian) it's becoming EOL so nothing as been changed in the last days/weeks/month.

You can still force the update-check to see if something comes up (although if there are any, it will be advertised by cron at 7AM.

• Alright, thank you all for your quick help. Just helps me sleep better when I know there is nothing wrong.

Beeing on an almost EOL system should not make you sleep well. Debian 10 will be EOL in about 4 monthes and OMV probably sooner.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• It is probably possible to switch to the LTS repos and get another two years out of Debian 10. A partial solution, but better than nothing.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Please don't get me wrong. I do not intend to stick to Debian 10 or OMV 5 forever. I will definitely upgrade in the next couple weeks. Just with my current situation at work I just don't want to deal with any head aches just in case something goes wrong.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!