Which plugins are (not) supported in OMV 6?

• When starting omv-release-upgrade du upgrade from OMV5 to OMV6, I am advised to check whether all my plugins are supported under OMV6. I tried to find a list of supported/unsupported plugins, but although all links seem to point me to omv-extras.org, I see no such list there (only very few plugins seem to be listed there). So could anyone advise me which of my plugins might cause problems in the upgrade process? I have the following installed:

1. openmediavault-apttool 3.6 all apt tool plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    2. openmediavault-diskstats 5.1.1-2 all openmediavault disk monitoring plugin
    3. openmediavault-downloader 5.1 all OpenMediaVault downloader plugin
    4. openmediavault-fail2ban 5.0.5 all OpenMediaVault Fail2ban plugin
    5. openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    6. openmediavault-kvm 5.1.7 all kvm plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    7. openmediavault-locate 3.5 all locate plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    8. openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.6.6 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    9. openmediavault-resetperms 5.0 all Reset Permissions
    10. openmediavault-sftp 5.0.7 all sftp server
    11. openmediavault-symlinks 5.0 all OpenMediaVault symlinks plugin
    12. openmediavault-zfs 5.0.6 amd64 OpenMediaVault plugin for ZFS
  • Thanks a lot, the upgrade went like a breeze. I'm quite amazed actually. During the upgrade process, I had almost no interruptions of the services running on the server. I didn't even have to restart the server (although this was recommended at the end of the upgrade process, but everything seems to work even without the reboot...).

• You should restart, if there are problems to solve the sooner the better

You have a point.

But the most acute argument is this one:

The kernel thing is a bit confusing, though. I believe I was running a proxmox kernel before the upgrade but after the upgrade the kernel-option wasn't even available anymore. Had to (re-?)install the kernel-plugin. But if using a new kernel requires a reboot, then I must still be running the (old) proxmox-kernel (despite the option having disappeared after the upgrade)... Indeed:

Funny... I'm almost afraid to reboot now...

• look for the kernel you are running. If you don't reboot the running kernel is the same as before upgrading.

Yes, that's what the second screenshot above is about. I'm running 5.4.174-2-pve, which, I believe is a proxmox kernel. So the funny thing is that I was running a proxmox kernel on OMV6 without having the kernel plugin installed....

• I'm running 5.4.174-2-pve, which, I believe is a proxmox kernel. So the funny thing is that I was running a proxmox kernel on OMV6 without having the kernel plugin installed....

5.4 pve is the OMV 5 proxmox kernel. Sure it will work on Debian 11/omv 6 because it is still Linux. You will need to install the kernel plugin to get the OMV 6 proxmox kernel (5.15). Click install proxmox after installing it.

omv 6.0.42-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!