Install OMV-extras for minidlna

• Hello everyone, I'm a beginner, trying to install OMV-extras using the command

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | bash

I get an error:

wget: unable to resolve host address 'github.com'.

Can you help me?

My goal is to install DLAN. to watch videos on my LG smart TV.

Minidlna is not in the list of plugins on my server and I read that to install it you need to install OMV-extras.

By the way, I tried to install minidlna with the command

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/install | sudo bash

But I also see an error

wget: unable to resolve host address 'raw.githubusercontent.com'

I was looking for a solution and changed the IP address in the DNS server and the address

ping 8.8.8.8

I ping well.

How can I install OMV-extras and minidlna correctly?

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • If you have configured your system to use 8.8.8.8 as DNS server and still can not resolve "github.com"

you have another issue, right now (as I'm typing) 8.8.8.8 can resolve github.com.

You might also try 9.9.9.9 as DNS server.

• If you have configured your system to use 8.8.8.8 as DNS server and still can not resolve "github.com"

you have another issue, right now (as I'm typing) 8.8.8.8 can resolve github.com.

You might also try 9.9.9.9 as DNS server.

Both addresses are pinged well, 8.8.8.8 and 9.9.9.9, but the

wget: unable to resolve host address 'github.com'

error is not resolved.

I installed OMV version 7 and on this page

https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php?thread/5549-omv-extras-org-plugin/

it says that OMV-extras cannot be downloaded as a separate deb file. And there is no Download menu in the interface.

I do not know what to do..

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You could download the script and run it locally but you shouldn't need to go to that. Additionally, if your DNS is causing problems, the installation of omv-extras without internet configured correctly could also be problematic. You must solve the DNS resolution problem.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Post the output of the following commands. Each in one code box </>

Code
    ping -c 4 google.com
    resolvectl dns
    cat /etc/netplan/*
    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    ls -al /etc/resolv.conf
    systemctl status systemd-resolved.service
    ls -al /etc/resolv.conf
    • Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I was looking for a solution and changed the IP address in the DNS server and the address

ping 8.8.8.8

I ping well.

Both addresses are pinged well, 8.8.8.8 and 9.9.9.9,

Not sure what that means, but if you are able to ping 8.8.8.8 it only means you have internet access. It does not mean you have a working DNS. For that add for example 8.8.8.8 as DNS server and try to ping e.g. google.com.

Are you located in China? Some users reported that they do not have access to github from there.

• Hello everyone. I located in Belarus (Russia). I have access to github.com and google.com in my browser. When

I typing in the server terminal

ping github.com

I see error

ping: github.com: Temporary failure in name resolution

And I see the same error for google.com.

Now I post the output of the commands:

Code
    root@podlesnoe:~# ping -c 4 google.com
    ping: google.com: Temporary failure in name resolution
    Code
    root@podlesnoe:~# resolvectl dns
    Global:
    Link 2 (enp1s5):
    root@podlesnoe:~#
    Code
    root@podlesnoe:~# ls -al /etc/resolv.conf
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Mar 21  2024 /etc/resolv.conf -> /run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf
    Code
    root@podlesnoe:~# ls -al /etc/resolv.conf
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Mar 21  2024 /etc/resolv.conf -> /run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf

By the way, when I reboot the server I again see the default IP in /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 127.0.0.53

options edns0 trust-ad

search .

and change it again to 8.8.8.8 in the editor

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

When I ping 127.0.0.53 I see

When I ping 8.8.8.8 I see

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

and change it again to 8.8.8.8 in the editor

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

Don't add the DNS server manually in a config file. Use either omv-firstaid or the GUI of OMV.

You also have the option to use DHCP instead of a static IP.

• or the GUI of OMV.

Thank you very much for this instruction! I installed OMV-extras and minidlna now. Next I will try to configure access for my TV.

I use a static IP because I don’t run server 24/7 and it’s more usefull to connect network disks of others PC.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me!

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!