• Hello guys,

I'm currently using OMV3, and it's working great.
    I'm looking at OMV4 plugins, and it seems that Emby, NUT aren't available.

What's the successful % upgrade from OMV3 to OMV4?
    Is it worth to upgrade it during this time?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• @tinh_x7I would like to remember you that omv4 is still in beta, is not officially relesed, (there is not even an iso for it) so not all plugins are ready now, if you absoulutely need them, just don't switch until the omv4 will be ready and will be out as the new stable.

Having said that, emby plugin is not present even on omv3, to be honest I don't see a point on an emby plugin, is pretty straight forward to install with the means you already have like apt-tool, @ryecoaaron has also made a video on how to do it through the webgui omv video, I hope it does help you cheers!

• @Skaronator
    that's actually not true nut is an external plugin, it's just not ready for omv4 like many others plugins for example openvpn (or at least it is on omv3 don't know if that's changed, I don't think so).

Huch? NUT is included in Openmediavault as you can see here: https://github.com/openmediava…er/deb/openmediavault-nut and I'm using it with my UPS and it works fine.

OMV 4 - Ryzen 7 1700 (8 Cores / 16 Threads 65W TDP) - 32 GB DDR4 ECC
    128 GB OS SSD - 256 GB Plex SSD - 32 TB RAIDZ2 (6x8TB HGST NAS)

• Any update on the following issue with OMV4?

Did you deactivate/activate the Service? With omv3 this procedure works.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    frontend software - tvos | android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
    frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
    -------------------------------------------
    backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
    backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Did you deactivate/activate the Service? With omv3 this procedure works.

I did and it made no difference.

This morning, however, the problem seems to have dissapeared. I did not upgrade anything and nor did I change any setting... I'll try to keep an eye on this, but I guess this has now become a non-issue.

NAS: Celeron G1840T | ASUS H87I-Plus | Samsung SSD 850Pro 256 GB | 5xWD40EFRX | OMV6

• @Wek

Just have a look here.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• @Huberer thanks pal, didn't see the thread, unfortunately for me the trick to apt clean didn't work out I will wait for ryecoaaron and notice about the support email he sent.
    Until then it seems not to be too much problem so it's ok

• How is going the developement? Is OMV4 stable or is still "beta"?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Can I ask if anybody know what generation of intel CPU will be supported with the new OMV 4?
    6th or 7th will be ok?

OMV 3.x supports both.

omv 6.0.30-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.15 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1 | kvm 6.1.19 | mergerfs 6.1.1 | zfs 6.0.9
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!