It is one thing to start with a fresh OMV5 setup with Docker, but it is another to transition from an already-working setup with plugins to a new OMV5 setup with Docker
I am specifically using transmission/bittorrent and duplicati plugins for OMV. This OMV setup is in a VirtualBox VM on my Windows machine (will transition to a proper baremetal machine once more parts get delivered etc). I will like to do the transition such that the settings and databases used by the plugins are transferred over properly into their Docker equivalents
I have these doubts that I want to clear before I begin the transition:
1. Are there (text) guides showing differences/changes between OMV plugins and Docker? I want to know where the files from /etc/.config/ should be moved to
2. Are there good beginners guides for Docker, preferably with pictures/text?
3. I understand that generally it is ok to run Docker instances within a VM. But specifically to OMV, are there known issues arising from this?
4. Are there any performance impacts that I should be aware of?
5. Should I instead run these programs with Docker under Windows for now until I can run OVM5 with baremetal instead of VirtualBox?
6. What else should I take note of when making the transition?