Docker remove and rebuild

• Hello all,

I am new to OMV and Linux so go easy on me.

I have dockers installed through Portainer for Sab, Radarr, Sonarr and plex. but Radarr isn't quite working correctly and I'd like to remove and re deploy to try and get the config file off of my system drive and onto my shared data folder. I used docker -prune to remove some before, but am not sure that's the correct command to remove ALL the files to be able to rebuild and move the config files to proper location.

I'm also having problems understanding what permissions I need to give for all these to work together. (and permissions in general) I have one user with puid =1000 and pgid =100. which is correct for the user and that's what I've put in stack file.

Should I have just created a home folder for user and made shared folders all under that home directory?

Currently I have created shared folders of data , config , media but maybe that's not the correct structure. Sab goes and gets the files but there's a problem getting them after download and renaming and relocating to media/movies.

Maybe this is too much for one post. I've been trying to read and work through it on my own but I've been banging away at if for a couple of weeks trying to learn.

Thanks

• Crooz1n

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

If you want to start from scratch, delete the docker and remove the image.

Also delete the config folder where the configuration of the docker is stored. Or use another folder for the config when setting up the new docker.

puid =1000 and pgid =100

Sounds good.

Rule of thumb:

When you need new folder for binds, don't create them from CLI, but let portainer/docker create them when deploying the stack.

If you create them from CLI, login as that user and not as root.

• So ths is my stack for Sonarr which works as it should. Moves files to either archived or current Tv show:

---

version: 2.1

services:

sonarr:

image: linuxserver/sonarr

container_name: sonarr

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=100

- TZ=America/New_York

- UMASK_SET=000 #optional

volumes:

#- /srv/04a3a5b2-c017-491d-adf3-dc6a121a4e88/config/sonarr:/config

- /srv/04a3a5b2-c017-491d-adf3-dc6a121a4e88/media/tv:/archived TV shows

- /srv/04a3a5b2-c017-491d-adf3-dc6a121a4e88/media/tv:/current TV shows

- /srv/04a3a5b2-c017-491d-adf3-dc6a121a4e88/config/sabnzbd:/downloads

ports:

- 8989:8989

restart: unless-stopped

and this is the stack for Radarr which doesnt move files properly. I am also having issues getting to the correct path when trying to tell radarr where to store movies

---

version: 2.1

services:

radarr:

image: linuxserver/radarr

container_name: radarr

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=100

- UMASK_SET=000 #optional

- TZ=America/New_York

volumes:

#- /srv/04a3a5b2-c017-491d-adf3-dc6a121a4e88/config/radarr:/config

- /srv/04a3a5b2-c017-491d-adf3-dc6a121a4e88/media/movies:/movies

- /srv/04a3a5b2-c017-491d-adf3-dc6a121a4e88/config/sabnzbd:/Downloads

ports:

- 7878:7878

restart: unless-stopped

So If I try and select a location( and it should be/media/movies) I cant navigate to it?

I feel like its something simple i'm overlooking.

This was supposed to be a simple project. HA!!

Thanks again

• Offizieller Beitrag

I’m no Linux or OMV tech, so I’m just repeating what I’ve picked up on the forum.

Your shared folder paths are wrong. Go to your shared folders tab and touch one of the category headers and a menu will drop down. Click the absolute path check box and you will get an Absolute Path category for your shared folders:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Oh!... yes, but mine looks like this. Obviously I've jumped into the deep end of the pool without my water wings. :(

Are you creating your shares through the GUI or from the command line?

• Offizieller Beitrag

But I have all drives merged together with Union FS.

Okay. I see now. I probably shouldn’t have butted in at all.

• No please any thing you can suggest I will try. I have sine added a Config folder using a single drive and I now have all applications configs on that drive so progress is being made.

but now Neither Radarr on Sonarr will import to plex location

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don’t have any services connected to my Plex, just an OTA DVR, so I cant help you any.

Although, moving your config folders around for those services may have a bearing on it. You might want to delete those dockers and build afresh.

• Macom or Morlan, Can you elaborate on this please?

If you want to start from scratch, delete the docker and remove the image.

Also delete the config folder where the configuration of the docker is stored. Or use another folder for the config when setting up the new docker.

I stopped the running containers and used docker prune -a to remove them. Is that all or is there more to be removed>

I also don't understand still the need for the :/config at the end of the volume bind especially if I already have it going to /Config/radarr or /Config/sabnzbd.

What does that do?

- TZ=America/New_York

- UMASK_SET=022 #optional

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SEA2TB/Config/radarr:/config

- /srv/04a3a5b2-c017-491d-adf3-dc6a121a4e88/movies:/movies

- /srv/04a3a5b2-c017-491d-adf3-dc6a121a4e88/Config/sabnzbd:/Downloads

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also don't understand still the need for the :/config at the end of the volume bind

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SEA2TB/Config/radarr:/config

On the right side of the ":" is the path inside of the container.

On the left side of the ":" is the path outside of the container (on the host).

If you want to start from scratch with radarr, you need to delete the foder

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SEA2TB/Config/radarr

on the host.

• Image a docker container as a virtual machine, which in its default state is completely isolated from the host. When you enter a shell inside the container (e.g. docker exec -it radarr bash) and enter ls you can see an entire linux root filesystem. Don't confuse with the actual host filesystem. And if you want files from your host to appear in the container FS you need to mount them there, hence the bind mount option via the -v (or volumes) command.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!