Random restart

• Hi, my OMV5 server recently started to randomly restarting, when it restarts the system starts immediately, sometimes has days without restarting and sometimes restarts twice a day, and when this restarts happens I have to restart manually all my docker containers to work again. I checked the logs before the restart happens and I can't find any error that causes the restart, I already made memory RAM checks, and system stability checks and apparently the hardware it's all good.

What can I do to solve this issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I checked the logs before the restart happens

Do you have the flashmemory plugin installed? If you do and if the server is shutting down not gracefully, the logs might not by synced from RAM to filesystem. In that case you may remove the plugin and check the logs again after an unwanted reboot.

• Do you have the flashmemory plugin installed? If you do and if the server is shutting down not gracefully, the logs might not by synced from RAM to filesystem. In that case you may remove the plugin and check the logs again after an unwanted reboot.

No, i don't have that plugin installed, on the logs before every restart just shows normal things, then shows the boot logs.

• It shouldn't, no. I wanted to eliminate power spikes/sags as the possible reason for your random restarts.

I have no other ideas at this point; maybe someone else does.

My ups is only 2 months old, it's a simulated sine wave, normally when the power goes down it's just for a few seconds, and doesn't happen very often, i know that simulated sine wave it's not the best option for an active PFC PSU, could that be the reason for this reboots?

• On the contrary - simulated sine wave is a MUST for a PSU with active PFC. So, no, that wouldn't be the reason either.

It is possible that your UPS isn't handling power sags (momentary undervoltage) properly, and thus starving the PSU for just a bit too long. But that's just a stab in the dark.

• On the contrary - simulated sine wave is a MUST for a PSU with active PFC. So, no, that wouldn't be the reason either.

It is possible that your UPS isn't handling power sags (momentary undervoltage) properly, and thus starving the PSU for just a bit too long. But that's just a stab in the dark.

I have a qnap nas connected to the same ups, and the qnap never restarted, but the qnap has those external power supplies. I don't know what to do anymore, maybe in the last resort i just do a fresh install and see if it solves the problem.

• This is the last syslog entries before the restart, is there anything in these log that can cause the restarts?

• Zitat

Apr 25 15:34:19 openmediavault smartd[489]: Device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST1000VN002 [SAT], SMART Prefailure Attribute: 1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate changed from 77 to 78

Apr 25 15:34:19 openmediavault smartd[489]: Device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST1000VN002 [SAT], SMART Usage Attribute: 195 Hardware_ECC_Recovered changed from 15 to 16

Could it be a hardware related issue? Because SMART seems not totally happy with your disk?

Did you recently install virtual machines in KVM?

• No, i don't have any virtual machines, i only use this server as my plex server and to run some containers.

Could the disk be the cause of these restarts?

I did also check all my drives with seatools and all of them pass all tests

• M1GU5L

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!