RPC service 'FTP' not found error: 404

• allright so i was setting up my server with an 80GB HDD when i realize that the way that it was mounted i didnt like how it is mounted in there. so i replaced it with a 256GB HDD from a old windows 10 PC i had. issue. the FTP server that was running off that HDD mount is now gone! and with that i can no longer find or even make a FTP server anymore. i try to go into "Diagnostics | Services | FTP" but all it returns is "RPC service 'FTP' not found error: 404"

if anyone can help then that would be amazing!

thank you so much!

O
    /|\
    /\

P.S: little man says hi

• Offizieller Beitrag

You found a bug.

FTP server that was running off that HDD mount is now gone! and with that i can no longer find or even make a FTP server anymore. i try to go into "Diagnostics | Services | FTP" but all it returns is "RPC service 'FTP' not found error: 404"

This is a bug and will be fixed with openmediavault 6.3.0. The FTP service has been carved out into a separate plugin and what you see is something that has been missed to remove from the core and add to the plugin.

• You found a bug.

This is a bug and will be fixed with openmediavault 6.3.0. The FTP service has been carved out into a separate plugin and what you see is something that has been missed to remove from the core and add to the plugin.

thank you so much! i didnt know that they turned it into a plugin...

Before you replaced the drive, did you unmount the 80GB drive? If not, attach the drive again and unmount it from the GUI of OMV.

i did not... ill do that later. thank you so much too!!

• FTP disappeared from my GUI today after an # apt update and ProFTP is an available System-Plugin. And the bottom line is: FTP under OMV6 is not working right now. I have rebooted several times to no avail.

Oddly, my OMV6 Version is 6.2.0-2 (Shaitan) and I don't think that I can get to 6.3 because the ProFTP install component is broken.

Pro-FTP will not install and omv-upgrade generates these errors:

• run systemctl unmask proftpd.service before installing the plugin. This is strange because openmediavault 6.2.0 is doing that during installation.

I suspect that OMV6.2.0 is *supposed* to be doing that during installation, but after running the aforementioned unmask, the omv-upgrade worked properly, so something is awry.

Also, at the end of the upgrade, my system is still at 6.2.0-2.

Adendum: After some clickety-clickety in the GUI, everything feels considerably faster. I don't have a clue whether I'm just imagining it, or not, but there seems to be a performance improvement.

• new issue: i cannot mount the new windows drive to OMV FTP plugin

it says that there are no filesystems even though there are.

i cant even make a new share in general

NTFS disk afre not wellcome on linux, please consider to use a Ext4 disk instead.

• NTFS disk afre not wellcome on linux, please consider to use a Ext4 disk instead.

I've used ZFS to create block devices without file systems on them, then using ISCSI to share the dataset with WIndows. Windows reads the iscsi device as blank drive and can format it as an NTFS drive. ZFS doesn't see the NTFS data structure created inside the dataset and it doesn't care.

• I've used ZFS to create block devices without file systems on them, then using ISCSI to share the dataset with WIndows. Windows reads the iscsi device as blank drive and can format it as an NTFS drive. ZFS doesn't see the NTFS data structure created inside the dataset and it doesn't care.

OK, good to know, nothing to reply from my side, sorry.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!