What Hardware Are You Using?

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • I have two installations: One runs on a raspberry pi 4 with 4gb of ram and two SSDs. The drives are formatted with EXT4 and and are independent of each other (no raid, no ZFS, etc.). The other is a virtual machine on top of Proxmox. The server CPU is a Xeon E5-2690v3. I have 2 cores and 2 GB of ram allocated to OMV. It uses two drives which are passed through from Proxmox. They are formatted with BTRFS in a raid 1 array. The Pi instance is my backup destination for my Synology and for my Proxmox VMs. The Proxmox VM instance is the storage for my self hosted Nextcloud instance.

• I'm curious to learn what hardware people here are using for OMV NAS? I'm running on a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM, and two SSDs plugged into a USB drive dock.

OMV - Xeon CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz, 64gb Ram, UPS, 512GB SSD CCTV, "2TB nvme Data, 1TB nvme Leeching, 8TB Backup, 8TB Audio, 16TB Media, 5TB Storage, 16TB Media Backup, 8TB Audio Backup.

Plugins - Backup, Compose, Downloader, FTP, Nut, OMVExtras, rSnapshot.

Docker - Airsonic, Audiobookshelf, Dozzle, Flaresolverr, Lidarr, Netdata, Nextcloud, NPM, Pihole, Plex, Prowlarr, qBittorentVPN, Radarr, Readarr, Scrutiny, Sonarr, Watchtower, Wireguard.

Dell 3050 Micro, i5-6500T, 8GB Ram

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 512gb SSD Boot, 1tb nvme Data, 16TB (8tbx 2 merg) Media,

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von BlueCoffee ()

• I am running on a Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM. It has twelve 3.5in and one 2.5in internal drive bays. OMV runs from a 16GB USB stick plugged into a port on the rear of the case. The picture is old and since it was taken all the 3TB drives have been replaced with larger ones. The mergerfs pool is currently 85TB.

I have the server hanging on the inside of the door of my gun safe. Shown before cabling it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am running on a Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM. It has twelve 3.5in and one 2.5in internal drive bays. OMV runs from a 16GB USB stick plugged into a port on the rear of the case. The picture is old and since it was taken all the 3TB drives have been replaced with larger ones. The mergerfs pool is currently 85TB.

You have omitted the most striking thing about your server, its location. I was impressed the first time I saw it :)

• You have omitted the most striking thing about your server, its location. I was impressed the first time I saw it :)

There just so loud. that why I went with a desktop

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There just so loud. that why I went with a desktop

You still don't know what I'm talking about :) , I would have to look for the thread in which gderf first said where his server is installed and posted a photo.

gderf , don't you have that photo at hand?

• My first box I set up last year was an old HP small form factor PC with an i7-3770 in which I stuffed three 3Tb drives, plus a small SSD OS drive I taped to the case, lol. The CPU fan was also the intake, and the power supply was the exhaust fan. The 2 drives not next to the PSU got a bit hot . I cut a hole in the case above those, and installed a slim fan, which helped. A little. OMV ran quite well.

A few weeks later I stumbled on a new motherboard for this old CPU that included an NVME slot . I transferred all the bits into a case I got for free, added some fans and another 3Tb HDD.

I just built a "new" system to replace this, with a 35-watt i5-8400T pulled from a mini-PC, but otherwise new parts outside of the HDDs and OS drive:

Fractal Node 304 case, ASRock H370M-ITX/ac mini-itx, 16Gb ram.

I thought about going the Pi route, but took the easier, boring route, as I wanted to play with more OMV features, especially remote KVM.

I mostly use my NAS for NFS shares for extra storage and to back up my Linux PCs, plus Nextcloud-AIO, Jellyfin, Immmich, and a few other containers.

Asrock H370M-ITX/ac | i5-8400T | 16Gb RAM | Node304 case | 4-3Tb HDDs | 256Gb nvme | 128 Gb SATA SSD

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here it is

• You have omitted the most striking thing about your server, its location. I was impressed the first time I saw it :)

OK, I'll add another picture and edit the post.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• There just so loud. that why I went with a desktop

Only very loud when first started as the fans run full speed for about 30 seconds, then their speed varies with load. But it's completely silent due to its location.

--

• Here it is

haha that's ace

Only very loud when first started as the fans run full speed for about 30 seconds, then their speed varies with load. But it's completely silent due to its location.

interesting the ones ive had in the past have never shutup

OK, I'll add another picture and edit the post.

Let me know when :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since I have intervened in this thread, I will at least say what my hardware is :)

Main server:

Fractal Design Node 804

Gigabyte B460M DS3H V2

Pentium G6400

16GB RAM

Raidz1 ZFS 5x4TB (WD Red) + SSD 500GB (Docker and KVM) + SSD 60GB (rootfs)

UPS Eaton 5E850IUSB

Remote server 1:

Asus P8H67-I

Core i5 2500k

8GB RAM

mergerfs 3x5TB (SG 2,5") + SSD 60GB (rootfs)

UPS Conceptronic

Remote server 2:

QNAP TS-251B

OMV on USB stick

mergerfs 2x4TB (WD Red)

UPS Eaton 5E650iUSB

Backup server (usually off):

MSI H67MA-ED55

Core i5 3450

8GB RAM

Toshiba N300 12TB + SG 2TB + Stick USB (rootfs)

I have the server hanging on the inside of the door of my gun safe. Shown before cabling it.

I love that idea :)

• My setup for regular simple home use: Intel NUC (2017) Celeron J3455, audio S/PDIF, 4 GB memory, internal 60 GB SSD (OMV & Docker), external data-disk Samsung 1 TB SSD, external online backup 1 TB SSD (OMV rsnapshot), offline backup (OMV USB backup plugin), offsite backup (rsync).

Portainer (Docker): Watchtower, Radarr, Sonarr, Homeassistant, AdGuard, SABnzb, Plex, Cloudfare, Shairport (for digital audio).

Playing video by Kodi on TV (NFS share), audio by Plex

• My setup for regular simple home use: Intel NUC (2017) Celeron J3455, audio S/PDIF, 4 GB memory, internal 60 GB SSD (OMV & Docker), external data-disk Samsung 1 TB SSD, external online backup 1 TB SSD (OMV rsnapshot), offline backup (OMV USB backup plugin), offsite backup (rsync).

Portainer (Docker): Watchtower, Radarr, Sonarr, Homeassistant, AdGuard, SABnzb, Plex, Cloudfare, Shairport (for digital audio).

Playing video by Kodi on TV (NFS share), audio by Plex

I have a similar thing I use for pfsense. Fantastic little boxes

• My stats are in my signature. :)

Home OMV System -
    Current version of OMV (Always kept up to date)
    Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
    8GB RAM / 120GB SSD for OS
    2X 2TB 7200RPM drives in a RAID1 for data
    Work OMV System -
    Current version of OMV (Always kept up to date)
    HPE DL360 server
    32GB RAM / 2X 300GB SAS in RAID1 for OS
    6X 1.2TB SAS drives in RAID5 for data
  • HP Proliant DL380 GEN10

64 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4216 CPU @ 2.10GHz

384 GB RAM

40 TB in various RAID's

OMV6

Custom Rack Server

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

64 GB RAM

20 TB RAID

OMV6

HP Proliant DL380 GEN 9

32 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v3 @ 2.60GHz (2 Sockets)

128 GB RAM

3 TB RAID

Proxmox

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!